Nintendo DS retroarch emulator

i am Trying to configure the Nintendo DS emulator for retroarch DeSmuME but when i save the core overides all the options i set go back to default, i am trying to set the screen gap in particular not sure what im doing wrong any help???

Anything that’s set in the core options (‘options’ submenu in the ‘quick menu’) doesn’t get saved to overrides, it’s saved somewhere else (confusing at first, I know). However, it shouldn’t be snapping back to default… You can use the ‘save game options file’ option from that same ‘options’ menu to save the gap on a per-game basis, but the overall core setting should be saved normally.

there isnt anywhere to save core options in quick menu. u can only save core and game overides if i go to configurations and try and save surrent configuration i get an error message, so it dosent save it there either.

Dear Admin or any helpfull user. I will thank you upfront for reading!

I’m having problems with both DeSmuMe and melonDS to load NDS files. When I load my roms, which btw works in DeSmuMe Emulator, I have to choose to run the NDS roms in either DeSmuMe or melonDS. If choosing melonDS a yellow text saying “Failed to load content” pops up. If choosing DeSmuMe RetroArch crashes, the standard windows message saying “Program XXX (in this case RetroArch) does not answer - looking for a solution to solve the problem” and then I have to close RetroArch. I downloaded RetroArch today to try out a better platform for DS Roms. I have tried to look for a solution to the problem all day but nothing seem to work. To make sure any game worked I also downloaded a GBA rom through a GBA core, and it worked successfully. I have concluded that there are problems with both NDS cores that are available and therefor seeks help to be able to play NDS roms. Please help me!

melonDS requires BIOS files to start. Load the core and then go to information > core information and it will list the names and checksums of the files you need. Place them in your ‘system’ directory and you should be set.

For Desmume, we’ll need a log to know why it’s crashing.

I have the same issue with desmume: the core crashes. To run nds games in MelonDS you need these 3 files in the system folder: bios7.bin bios9.bin firmware.bin These files are NDS bios files. If you get them in a slightly different name, rename them.

hello this is my first time, how do i install RetroArch on my Nintendo 2DS? Model #: FTR-001 System version: Version 11.7.0-40U