Nintendo switch Retroarch Error Fix

Weird fix for PCSX core nintendo switch error code 2011-0301. I guess this is more to help with development than anything. All 8-16bit systems don’t give me any issues but for some reason the PCSX core gives me issues, and ends up not loading games and freezing. This happens wether is use the NSP and or go through the Homebrew Menu. Before using the official Retroarch, I used retroNX without any issues. I completely deleted all retroNX files and configurations before doing a fresh install of Retroarch. While using RetroNX I didn’t have any error codes with the PCSX but as soon as I started using the official Retroarch, I would get random freezes with error code 2011-0301.

I usually choose core first, then load content, then verify it’s the right core. It looks like it’s loading but then it just stays on the black screen. Also when I go to the XMB menu to try to close content or close retroarch, it freezes. Also the XMB menu is messed up, it’s missing all icons, it just has the words.

All files like roms, ISO’s, bios, were all the same, the only differences are the new Retroarch flies VS old RetroNX files that I deleted. My SD card is formatted to FAT32 and I use Hekate to launch CFW.

I went to Gbatemp forum to look at what others have been doing and also finally asking for advice but none of the recommendations worked. Did a complete reformat of SD card to FAT32, deleted all files and completely did a fresh install but nothing.

Until I googled the error code and took me to a YouTube video that didn’t pertain to Retroarch or to homebrew at all but using a device called Brrok Super Converter… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIpasPIOELM

On the video it said to turn on the Pro Controller Wired Communication to fix error, it wasn’t pertaining to Retroarch but I was desperate and I did it anyway. So far I’ve booted at least 20 PS1 ISO’s without an error after turning the option on. Weird but ill take it!

Again just sharing info for development just in case in not known yet.

Thanks for the awesome work!

How did you get the error code? I’m having a different problem and am not sure hot to debug.

If i launch retroarch through the NSP I cannot load any PSX games; i get a black screen and the switch freezes (I need to do a hard reboot). But if I launch through the HB Menu they work just fine. I’m trying to get any sort of error/code logs but it looks like the nintendo console has no logs.

–JP