nSide Balanced problem with Super Game Boy

Hi, in RetroArch 1.7.3 for Windows 10, the nSide Balanced Core does not load the Super Game Boy games with the instructions provided in the docs section.

However, if the file “sg1.boot.rom” is renamed to “lr35902.boot.rom” it loads.

In my computer the Super Game Boy games run very slow and the sound is garbled, I don’t know if this is related.

I hope this info is helpful.

1 Like

I have the same problem, and the same workaround (thanks btw!).

If this is a permanent change then the docs should be updated.

Just wanted to chime in that the workaround works for me as well. Curious as to how you came about that solution.

I also have this problem. [higan Accuracy] loads Game Boy games just fine even with Super Game Boy 2, but they are slow and the sound is garbled. I figured [nSide Balanced] would be faster but it always says “failed to load”. Unfortunately, your renaming solution did not work for me, maybe it would help if you explain how you figured out to rename it to “lr35902.boot.rom”? To my eyes, it’s all very mysterious.

Edit: Ah, never mind, your solution works! It’s just that the folder can’t have both sgb1.boot.rom and lr35902.boot.rom in it at the same time.

Hi to those who asked. I remember the name of the rom appeared in the log Retroarch generates when the verbose log setting is on. Actually, since it was a file mentioned as missing I thought of renaming the boot.rom and worked.