Overlay for use with PSVR - Could use some help

Hey guys,

I’m new to overlays. Never really used one, but I had a really really REALLY cool idea I want to make happen, just don’t know how.

I have a PSVR headset that I hooked up to Windows 10 PC. I’ve run my Hyperspin build through it and it’s amazing. RetroArch in particular makes the effect incredible when using CRT shaders with a curved screen effect.

So, I wanted to experiment with Overlays in this concept.

Particularly, I’m wondering if it’s possible to create an overlay with a CRT screen in the center, but have absolutely nothing rendered AROUND the CRT portion of the image. A lot of the ones I see have a desk or a wall or something behind it, which naturally makes sense.

Ideally this would be a JVC (Childhood nostalgia) haha.

Anyway, I don’t know how to make an overlay, so I thought I’d throw this idea out here to see if anyone’s done something similiar or could point me in the right direction to get started.

If one of the existing ones looks close to what you want, just use photoshop/gimp/whatever to delete the unwanted background.

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t realize they were just image files. I thought they had like settings involved as well. So that sounds easy enough, I’m quite comfortable in photoshop.

I noticed when I tried loading one that my screen is behind the entire overlay. Is there a quick way to get it to fill the area, or is it just a matter of fine tuning the screen size using X & Y in Video Settings?

You can use photoshop to stretch the image to match your screen, or you can use a custom aspect ratio and the custom AR width/height settings to make the screen fit the hole in the overlay.