Partial Success with Quantum Access Windows 10 Mini PC Stick

Using an EFI (2016-12-21 nightly) distro from the nightly builds, I successfully installed Lakka as the primary OS on an Azulle Quantum Access Windows 10 Mini PC Stick (model: Z3735F). It works great for the systems that I’m interested in (anything pre N64) , however there are three main hardware-related issues:

Hardware Issues:

• [major] Bluetooth does not work - Wrong/no driver
  • [major] Wireless does not work - Wrong/no driver
  • [minor] The MicroSD card isn’t mounted by default.

Plans

Tonight I’ll test a USB ethernet adapter with device. And from there I hope to work on the issues outlined above either by tty3 or ssh (hopefully ssh). And I’ll also test using multiple controllers via a USB hub.

Ideally I’d like to resolve all 3 issues, but for the moment the MicroSD card would give me the most flexibility. Because then I wouldn’t have to waste a USB slot for reading the ROMs. And ideally, I’d like to resolve the MicroSD and bluetooth issues, so that I can just haul the PC stick and a few controllers around without any need for network access.

Questions

In general, if anyone has any suggestions for approaching these issues, please let me know and I’ll try out the suggestions and report back. And if needed, later I can file a bug request to have the appropriate drivers added.

Please try to provide some logs especially dmesg, lspci -nn and lsusb output.

Thank you.

The USB ethernet dongle present no network issues, so I was able to ssh in and grab logs.

The unit uses a version of the Realtek’s RTL8723 wireless+bluetooth card (0bda:8153). Looking at other Linux forums, Realtek drivers seems to be the source of a lot of pain, so fixing this might not be worth the pursuit (I love a good chase though).

I couldn’t turn up any information on the SD card slot, and it doesn’t appear as an available resource to blkid and similar tools.

Output of lsusb: Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0781:b7b1 SanDisk Corp. Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:8153 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Bus 001 Device 003: ID 054c:0268 Sony Corp. Batoh Device / PlayStation 3 Controller Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:2812 VIA Labs, Inc. VL812 Hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Output of lspci -nn: 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series SoC Transaction Register (rev 0f) 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display (rev 0f) 00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series USB xHCI (rev 0f) 00:1a.0 Encryption controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Trusted Execution Engine (rev 0f) 00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Power Control Unit (rev 0f)

Some information from connmanctl connmanctl> services *AR Wired ethernet_00e102006c9d_cable connmanctl> technologies /net/connman/technology/ethernet Name = Wired Type = ethernet Powered = True Connected = True Tethering = False

Output of dsmeg:

The output was too long to post, so I’ve made it available via Dropbox (I hope that is okay).

I don’t understand 0bda:8153 is your usb ethernet dongle right ? And it is supported.

I don’t see your Realtek’s RTL8723 ? Is it possible to get also the output of lsmod ?

Thank you.

I am facing these exact 3 issues too after installing Lakka-2.1.1 onto my Intel Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC today. I have installed Lakka to the onboard 8GB eMMC memory…

i really need the MicroSD card to auto mount when Lakka boots up as my roms and bioses are all inside the microsd card.

Any solutions so far ?