Playlist formatting MAME (playlist buddy)

Using Lakka x86 Nightly build ( 2019-03-13 ) if I scan using the built in scanner it misses like 90% of my set (MAME 0.201 which I’ve been playing without organizing it until now) but the games it does scan work and show the thumbnails I downloaded and everything. However with my custom ROM playlists it will show all the games in the .lpl’s in Lakka but won’t launch the games, the ROM paths are identical, here’s a comparison of the built in scanner format and the playlist buddy format:

{ “version”: “1.0”, “items”: [ { “path”: “/storage/roms/Margarita Hårdddis/Users/Leonardo/Downloads/ROMs/arcade/MAME/kingpin.zip”, “label”: “Kingpin”, “core_path”: “DETECT”, “core_name”: “DETECT”, “crc32”: “CE419B06|crc”, “db_name”: “MAME 2016.lpl” } ] }

and for playlist buddy

/storage/roms/Margarita Hårdddis/Users/Leonardo/Downloads/ROMs/arcade/MAME/1941.zip 1941 - Counter Attack (900227 World) DETECT DETECT DETECT

(formatting is messed up here)

The main difference is that the scanned ones show a CRC32 number, is there other better playlist managers I could use that are more complete? Totally lost, I used the correct 0.201 dat taken from progetto, neither the complete nor my curated filtered dat work.

Appreciate any help with this!

Additional info: as soon as I try load a game the .lpl file will rewrite with trash data I now have a suspicion that the “å” is causing the problem… however that is what the built in harddrive is called on the imac. Any workaround for special letters? Other than having to go out and buy an external one or something.

Renamed the harddrive ( never used an imac before ) will post if that works, hopefully this helps anyone who has had the same issue with special characters, if that’s the case.

YEP, that was the cause of this whole headache!