Please help with saves (not states) not working

You’d think this would be basic functionality right? I dont recall ever having this issue with a standalone emulator so perhaps it has to do with how RA specifically handles it?

Well above my paygrade.

Anyways. The save files create properly. I can see the (in this case) SRM created, and timestamped upon the point of saving it. However when I restart the game - it does not give me the option to load a game, simply the new game option as if i never saved at all. As per my digging prior - some people assumed it could potentially be due to how the game was exited, so i tried all means of exiting with the same result.

save states do work however.

This is predominantly with the genesis gx core. I do have a save made for psx with beetle-hw and it functions as intended. Ive also tried to make one with citra to no avail. Seems hit or miss but the fact that “some” of them work thus far - means permissions are in order.

To eliminate it 100% i ran a separate copy of RA from a separate folder and the same problem presented itself.

so is this a core issue that is known and present on several cores? Is there a way around it? Or do we simply have to rely on save states?