[POLL] How do you like your games most?

Hi, I just want to know about your preferences and how do you play games.

Does the hardware platform also matters to you, or you just came in for the games?

PS: If anyone wants me to set this poll to be private, please tell me how to do it properly, thx… XD

I don’t know about the “It can hurt my eyes.” part.

Pretty sure a lot of people will use some shaders similar to a PVM that will be crisper than a bilinear + scanlines option.

Voted. Eagle/Sai, FSAA. Pimp old games until they look NextGen.

As close to original intended look as possible. First and foremost keep original AR. Second, either 25% scanline or normal bilinear.

I want no effects at all and the true original aspect ratio

My scenario isn’t an option.

I hit them with high-quality filters, and then apply scanlines and a CRT curve.

Sort of a hybrid.

I also stretch them to 16:9 because I didn’t buy a 55" inch TV to only use 38" of it.

scaled preserving aspect-ratio, adjustable scanlines, reduced edges or blockiness and no other texture filtering or effects(dont understand players wanting to play games looking like flat cartoon characters)

Wanna defend your choice? Submit your best screenshot possible! :slight_smile:

CRT shader (I used to use CRT-Royale-kurozumi, but now I use the Wega RGB shader from the Analog shader V3 pack because it has brighter colors), 1;1 aspect ratio (PAR / DAR), integer scaling, and sometimes an overlay around the game (for example I have the SNES logo in the bottom right of the screen when I play SNES games). And of course, no bilinear filtering. :slight_smile:

As a basic and universal approach I prefer playing all sorts of retrogames with no bilinear filtering and no particular effect applied on the image.

I love the pixellated look and what I do is scale the picture to fit the entire screen (although respecting the original aspect ratio), then apply the “Pixellate” shader to make every pixel even in their size. That way you preserve the sharp aesthetics without the artifacts that would crop up by not using Integer Scaling.

I used to play without effects at all, but I realized a lot of quality was lost because some graphics were indeed designed to look improved and more detailed on CRT Screens.

I’ve played around with various smoothing shaders, but something always looks wrong or less detailed. I’ve also tried many CRT shaders and have stuck with CRT-EasyMode-Halation for awhile now. I like the very light scanlines and shadow mask it uses. It gives the effect of adding more detail to 320x240 games without losing brightness like other CRT shaders. And since the scanlines are so light I don’t notice unevenness in them most of the time when scaling to non-integer res. I use pixel aspect ratio for most games since the majority have correct geometry at that aspect, but will override that on a per game or per core basis for those that are corrected for 4:3.

I also use Pixellate as a neutral scaling shader. Usually for vertical games. Advanced AA is nice on vector games. The Game Boy Pocket shader preset is amazing for Game Boy games.

Always correct ratio aspect and native resolution plus CRT shaders for PSX/PS2 games for ‘realness’. I still can’t decide which CRT shader I like best as I don’t know which would be the most accurate when imitating a CRT display. Actually I prefer to play original version of games then their remasters e.g FFIX (those bulky menus and blurry backgrounds- really SQUARE?). Now I’m going through FFX :slight_smile:

playing mostly with simple bilinear filter and no integer scaling

no crt shaders, no overlays

Used to play with over the top overlays and CRT shaders with curvatures and vignette (darkened corners for depth), but I realized that for scrolling games that gave me headaches (the screen curvature effect mostly). I am currently using exodus overlays of the flat CRT Samsung TV, using NTSC Composite filter, and aperture/geom flat with low visibility scanlines.

I personally like them in to be pixely, it makes the screen look sharp and right to me. That’s why when somethings blurry I generally don’t like looking at it.