Problem with Vectrex Core and Rocket Launch

I am working on building a game cabinet. I am using Hyperspin and Retro Arch One of the consoles I want in my cab is Vectrex.

I get Vextrex working in Retro arch but in Rocket Launch I get this error: Your LibRetro_VECTX.dll is set to mess_libretrobut could not locate this file C:Hyper Spin\Emulators\RetroArch\Cores\mess_libertro.dllI Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Please help this newbie…Thank You

That seems to be a Rocket Launcher problem, which we don’t really support here but my guess is that you’ve set it up to use the MESS core for Vectrex instead of the vecx core.

How to I change a vectrex core from Mess to Vectrex?

no clue. you could try asking at their forum.

Is there a way in retro arch to change the Vectrex core from Mess to Vectrex

is there a way in retro arch to change a core from Mess to Vectrex Ian rocket launch you do not change any cores

[QUOTE=Propdept;48957]is there a way in retro arch to change a core from Mess to Vectrex Ian rocket launch you do not change any cores[/QUOTE] Yes you can.

Select the system (vectrex) and go to the emulators tab. You should have RetroArch there right? Select it and press the “edit global module settings” icon above. In the window that appears, select the Vectrex tab. In the options you will see a “LibRetro_Core” option that should be empty. Click the magnifier icon near it and then browse to the vecx_libretro core and pick that.

This way you force RocketLauncher to use whatever core you want instead of the default (which is MAME/MESS currently). In the global module settings there is another tab that allows you to chose a specific core per game as well.

There is more than enough freedom, don’t worry :slight_smile:

GemaH Oh my god Your simple advise had me crack it. I know have NES / SNES / Vectrex and Atari Jaguar working thru Retro Launch and Rocket Launch …Hunterk You where right too. The Problem was with Rocket Launch and not Retro Arch… THANK YOU EVERYONE.

I am now left with trying to get Atari 5200 and Colecovision working are there cores in Retro Arch that will get them working too. If so which ones

GemaH Oh my god Your simple advise had me crack it. I now have NES / SNES / Vectrex and Atari Jaguar working thru Retro Launch and Rocket Launch …Hunterk You where right too. The Problem was with Rocket Launch and not Retro Arch… THANK YOU EVERYONE. Holy Crap I have been stewing on this one for days!!! It was driving me nuts THANK YOU THANK YOU

I am now left with trying to get Atari 5200 and Colecovision working are there cores in Retro Arch that will get them working too. If so which ones

Unfortunately, there are no cores for Atari 5200. And i’m not sure but i think there isn’t one for Colecovision either.

So your only option emulating those through RetroArch is using MESS/MAME. Which isn’t the best solution since the Atari 5200 has problems in MESS and it’s also a pain to setup for some people.

Then does anybody know a tutorial or a place that I can go to to read or a video on how to configure retro arch For mess for Atari 5200 emulation

UPDATE: I have been able using MESS to get Colecovision working. But alas, Atari 5200 is very unstable using MESS. Is there a more reliable emulator for the Atari 5200? I have tried KAT 5200 and was never able to get it working…suggestions?

Hmmm, Kat 5200 works for me. I honestly don’t know of any others that are better, there is another one that is supposedly the best (i think it’s called Alttira) but i never managed to make that one work.

Are you trying to run KAT via hyperspin? I had problems with the latest AKH file, try this older one:

I’m going to try again with kat5200 I just tried it a little while ago and it locked up I think I have the wrong Rom in there. If I can get it working I will then use it through rocket launcher it would be really cool to have the Atari 5200 as part of my cabinet but if not then all well I’m just amazed that I got Coleco vision walking through mess! I found an online tutorial for kat 5200 and I will try to walk through and get it set up thank you

Thank you everyone for the help.

Thank you for your help, I had issues with certain mame games not working until you showed me how to change cores in RL for specific games.

However I do have one issue, on the games where I have it using a different core, the bezels won’t show. The bezels are installed and I have it set to show in RL but they only show for a split-second after exiting the game. Any advice?

All the other roms that goto the default core work find with their bezels.

In Retro Arch once you have verified that the bezel and the game are correct you need to save not the core but the specific game it would be called save game overrides I think