PS/PS2 Controller USB adapter not working with Lakka

Hi all, I have a problem with my USB adapter in Lakka, I can’t play with my PS2 controllers. Let me tell you, my adapter is called “Super Dual Box Pro PS/PS2 Controller Adapter for Windows”, despite saying “for Windows” it works really well in Linux, I played with it so many times without any problem (out of the box) in Arch Linux. Lakka recognises it as “Bus 001 Device 005: ID 6666:8802 Prototype product Vendor ID SmartJoy Dual Plus PS2 converter” but I can’t use it, I press the buttons and nothing works. I tried to config it manually from rGUI without success, the same as in the menus it doesn’t work. I tried to generate a config file from the terminal as the documentation says here: http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Contributing-your-joypad-config/ But I get stuck in the second command “retroarch-joyconfig -a joyconfigs/randomname.cfg”, when I run it, returns: “Couldn’t open joystick #0.” I tried changing the Joypad Drivers too but nothing. I would like to know if anyone got it to work? Or if anyone can help me on how to do it work? Thank you in advance

Edit: I forgot to say that all of this is in a Raspberry Pi 2

OK, this means that your joypad is not recognized by the linux kernel as a joypad.

Can you do a lsusb command and paste me the output here?

Hi, Kivutar, I wrote the “lsusb” output in my previous post, the line who corresponds to my USB adapter is: Bus 001 Device 005: ID 6666:8802 Prototype product Vendor ID SmartJoy Dual Plus PS2 converter ¿ Do you need all the outputs?

[QUOTE=Kivutar;23159]OK, this means that your joypad is not recognized by the linux kernel as a joypad.

Can you do a lsusb command and paste me the output here?[/QUOTE]

Ok sorry. I read your message too fast.

When you plug your device, it should appear in /dev/input/js0 or something like that. Can you check the content on /dev/input/ please?

[QUOTE=Kivutar;23214]Ok sorry. I read your message too fast.

When you plug your device, it should appear in /dev/input/js0 or something like that. Can you check the content on /dev/input/ please?[/QUOTE]

Don’t worry, I have seen in /dev/input and I have nothing more than “mice”:

Lakka:~ # ls /dev/input/
mice

Can it be because a missing package or something so? Is there a way to install a package from source code or anything?

Searching by Google I found a page referring to the Linux kernel drivers where it is a bit more information about my USB adapter, I don’t know if as Lakka developers you could do anything with the info in order to do it work, but I wanted to let it here. http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/HID_SMARTJOYPLUS.html

If I’m not wrong it doesn’t work because of a missing driver “hid-sjoy.ko” in Lakka, it would be nice if you, Lakka developers, add it to a next release. Thaank you

Ah, well found, let me check that.

EDIT: Yes, smartjoyplus is absent from some builds, let me add it.

EDIT: I uploaded some nightly builds with smartjoyplus enabled.

Hello everyone,

I didn’t manage to create a new post - so here I am reviving this old but related one :slight_smile:

Some weeks ago I bought a WeTek Play 2 and installed LibreElec 8.9. on it. Since there is no OpenGL support yet (and therefore no N64 game), I decided to give Lakka a shot. Note: on LE my controller was working fine.

I installed Lakka 2.1.1… Inside the menu, my controller is working fine. However, when I start a SNES game, none of the buttons is working anymore. Strange thing: Although I can navigate through the menu, I can’t bind buttons. Meaning, if I use the “Bind All” option and I am ask to press any button, I press it, but it just times out. I have no explanation. Perhaps the controller is only working as menu navigator but not as actual controller in terms of games?

Well, this is my lsusb output: Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0810:0001 Personal Communication Systems, Inc. Dual PSX Adaptor Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

My actual hardware is a EAXUS PS1/2 to usb adapter and a bigben ps2 controller.

Looking in the system information: Port #0 controller is configured with Twin_USB_Joystick.cfg (VID/PID 2064/1). That’s wrong, right? But how do I get Lakka to use the right config file? And if there is none, how can I make one using the menu? Or does it need to be done manually?

Thanks in advance!