Ps1 core not loading games

Hi everyone!

I am having an issue with psx emulators in general it seems. I used to be able to play games on Epsxe 2.05 but for some unseen reason the entire thing looks like it has been corrupted. Games won’t load at all and the bios won’t either.

Anyway, I wanted to try Retroarch but the issue seems to have been passed on. Games won’t launch except for one and two games will only load with sound, no screen or anything. I installed the necessary bios files and set everything up correctly through Launchbox. Do any of these issues sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

A log would help us investigate, but 95%+ of PSX issues are either bad/missing BIOS or bad/corrupted ROMs, so those are the most likely culprits by far.

Hello, i have a problem too but i cannot create a thread! The games launch with sound but there is no image, how can i fix this? The loading screens appear but nothing else, pretty weird

Can you post a log? Which core are you using, exactly? Which video driver?

1 Like

How do i make a log? I am using Beetle PSX HW if i am correct, i have a Radeon 6670

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/generating-retroarch-logs/

Hi maybe im out of topic, but i try to downlaod boot menu + retroarch for ps1 mini, but the link wont workin’ can you help me?