Put All Cores in a .zip File

When I go to Frontend in the BuildBot it has here:

So I was wondering could the Buildbot have a .zip File for all the Cores in it like with the Frontend?

Be easy to get all Core Files at once without Downloading each one Individually

Nope. We used to provide this capability but it was abused. That’s why we can’t have nice things :frowning:

So I have to use a Program like jDownloader or FireFox Add-On like DownloadThemAll then?

How could downloading 1 .zip be Abused?

People were using it to saturate our connection and use up all of our bandwidth.

why install all cores in the first place? im pretty sure that nobody uses all the cores, just install what you need then update them once or two times a week.

2 Likes

Sorry. I not sure what you mean by that and How that is Possible.

Though Proves the old saying “Only takes a Few to ruin it for Everyone”

Because you won’t have to download them all Singly which can be Time Consuming when you want most of them

nothing is free, especially bandwidth.

1 Like

Stellar can DL all cores.

1 Like

What is Stellar as Never Heard of it Before

Okay I but I am using a MAC to download the Cores and I am using a Different Computer(Without the Internet) to use RetroArch

You could host the zip only as a torrent. If I were doing emulator stuff, I would only allow downloads as torrents. The vast majority of us are going to know how to use torrenting programs, and that would remove all of the bandwidth cost/load from you guys.

2 Likes

The torrent would have to be remade every day or more, as we’re constantly updating the cores.

2 Likes

That is not a Bad Idea and would takeaway the Bandwidth Problem they where having

Having a more convinient way to get all the downloads required / available would still be a good idea.

I am trying to setup retroarch for the third time this year and always get stuck downloading stuff (which acutally sums up your bandwith if I have to try e.g. 10 times to download (parts of when downloads breaks, stop) the ~45 GB of thumbnails.

I search for but didn’t find any documentation about what downloads are availabe (in the ui), where they are located on the net and where to configure the download locations in retroarch.

Is there some documentation about that topic I missed?

Having this information would allow me (others) to have a local download mirror like downloading from the internet to a NAS, do updates on the nas and then point retroarch to download from the NAS.

All I managed so far was locate the thumbnails git repo and download them via git (since some thumbnails seem to have broken downloads e.g. MAME thumbnails).

What I currently try is to install lakka/retroarch on an old netbook (and once succesfully do the install to two other identical netbooks for my friends or better their childs).

1 Like

I use a Batch Down loader so I can download all the Core’s at Once instead of Doing 1 at a Time.

Though IF I am just Updating Cores I just normal Download the ones that been Updated

I guess you use the urls to the build bot?

Do you have any idea where the location of the index file is (shown in the ui when opening an sub menu “downloading index”)? Trying to get some overview from where retroarch is downloading everything (and where placing it).

Here:

https://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/