RA 1.7.7 CRT Dynamic super resolution

Are there any special requirements for using dynamic modelines? Using CRU, I can’t seem to find any such flags & creating regular modelines with smaller horizontal resolutions (e.g. 224 x 960) doesn’t work.

can i keep the width at 1920, the height at 240 and just make retroarch change the height on the viewport to match the game automaticaly? chrono cross is 217px high, moto racer is 220 (these 2 games don’t show that 1x when you hit the correct vertical res, you can tell they are correct by the scanlines, crop overscan is off) most other games are 240, genesis is 224, arcade mortal combat is 254 i think (i don’t mind it cutting a few pixels from the top and bottom) it’s troublesome to save separate core overrides then in some games with varying resolutions, save game overrides… i have a duplicate retroarch folder just for naomi and atomiswave running at 640x480

i don’t plan on migrating to linux, it’ll lag naomi and atomiswave and i wouldn’t be able to play some pc games (i can get 60fps on tekken 7 with the lowest settings in my HD6670 for example, the same with street fighter 5, both great “arcade” games)