Recent Parallel core running too fast on some games

Hello, I wanted to play Mario Party 2 on N64 Parallel core and noticed it runs too fast (like 5x normal speed). Also there was no sound, just some crackling. I tried enabling vsync, which slowed it down a bit, but still too fast and still no sound. Then i tried an old Parallel core, which i had from Retroarch v1.5 and it works perfectly then, even with vsync off. All other settings were untouched, only the core was replaced. I updated the core to the most recent after that and all the problems were back. Can someone confirm this or even help me to fix this with recent core?

Best regards.

So I booted it up on the most recent core, and I didn’t notice any speed issues. Menus, level intros, board game and minigames all seemed to run great.

I had thought maybe fullspeed being on might 'cause it but it didn’t make it run super fast or anything for me.

Which plugins are you using? I’m using angrylion and cxd4.

(On a side-note, I haven’t played this game since I was obsessed with it when I was 11 lol so testing it was a trip down memory lane)

Sorry for the late reply, notification mail landed in spam folder… Both plugins were set to “auto”, but i also tried your settings now with recent core. But it’s not even starting then. The rom freezes after the N64 icon. Strange that it works fine for you, because i tested on three different devices. That gives me hope it’s just a setting.

I had exactly the same bug today with Mario Party 2 and Parallel: it ran too fast with no sound. No problem with Mario Party I and III. Did you open an issue?

Hi, good to know i’m not the only one. I did not open an issue, since i wasn’t sure if it’s a bug or just a wrong setting i made. Also i did not played much the last months, so i have to check if the bug still occurs. I have a new CPU now though, maybe that solved the problems. I’ll test it when i find the time for it, maybe on sunday.

I opened an issue here:

Feel free to subscribe.

1 Like