Reicast aspect ratio (windows X64)

Hi, Reicast aspect ratio looks weird for me. Is it normal the 1:1 PAR aspect ratio gives 3:4 DAR ? Should not it be 4:3 DAR ? Thanks

Hmm, from what I can find online, “it uses 10:11 for NTSC and 59:54 for PAL. However, when in 480p you can output either 1:1 or 10:11”. So, 1:1 PAR should be pretty close to square or just slightly taller than it is wide.

The problem is the screen size is so small, like if I was playing on a cell phone screen. My settings are normal, I m in 1:1 PAR and integrer scale on. All others cores works great. But if nobody else noticed this, it must come from my computer and not from Retroarch. Anyways, thanks for answer Hunterk

oh hmm. can you post a screenshot?

This is what I get with 1:1 aspect ratio But I had an old version of Reicast core. When I replace the core, no pb anymore

1 Like

Yeah, that definitely looks wrong! I’m glad the new core got you fixed up.

Im getting the same weird aspect ratio, think im on the latest core aswell

I updated to the latest nightly core last night and this squished aspect is what I get for PAR now. DAR is normal 4:3 though.

I am getting this squished aspect ratio also, and If I try to turn on the widescreen option it gets even more squished lol. Is there a way to get an older core file? or are the newest ones the only ones available?

Only the newest are available on the buildbot. Someone would have to build an older revision manually.

If the widescreen option makes it narrower still, it sounds like it’s probably gotten the numerator and denominator backwards somewhere.

Might be something to do with this rotation commit: https://github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/f327c19e4c4aaa71864d8dc2678fcdec28e3d64a

1 Like

I found a fix

Open up retroarch.cfg

my aspect_ratio_index was set at 21

after changing it to >>> aspect_ratio_index = “22”

It solved the latest Reicast core aspect Ratio (for me anyway)

Or set Configuration>Video>Aspect Ratio as: “Core provided”