Reicast booting to CD player

Hey guys! Ever since a few weeks I’ve been having trouble with the Reicast core playing DC games. everything boots normal, and after the DC intro it sends me straight to the CD player. My games are in CDI format and were working before.

can you post a verbose log?

I ran this by flyinghead et al and we weren’t able to reproduce it. He said the last change that likely would have any effect was adding support for m3u playlists.

1 Like

I got it working! For some reason the region was set to auto, I was getting the black dc intro. Switched to USA and it loaded the games. Now if I could just get Crazy Taxi to work that’d be awesome. Thanks for all your help!

1 Like

I’ve got a couple .CDI games that won’t boot up either, but switching the region didn’t fix it.

• Pier Solar and the Great Architects - I get the CD player.
  • Retro Sonic - I get to the SEGA screen after the Swirl boot, but it crashes.
  • Half-Life - SEGA screen and crash.

I remember I had issue with a Rush Rush Rally Racing game… (I think that’s the name) but I can’t seem to find my CDI to test it right now.

Other CDIs I have work great like Propeller Arena, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (NTSC version) Ecco 2, Toejam & Earl 3, etc etc.

Sadly, I don’t think any of these particular titles are in GDI format.

On a brighter note… when did m3u playlists get added? That totally flew under my radar :open_mouth: (EDIT: I’m not seeing this in the core information file at all)

All of those are basically homebrews, maybe there is something missing, or worse : they could be winCE games (?).

Not really the answer you are looking for but pier solar MD is working properly in fbalpha (i remember there was an issue mid-game with an event not triggering on other MD emulators, idk if it was fixed in the meantime)

Yeah they are def nothing official, so it could be almost anything really. Volgarr works, so I know ‘some’ homebrew should function. It’s anyone’s guess far as I know what’s stopping the others.

Now that you mention it, I think Half-Life might be CE. I’ll have to throw it at Demul, see what happens.

That’s good to know about the mid-game trigger. I’ll probably never get that far in it hahaha, but still. I like to know this kind of information for future references.