Reicast Naomi setup (HELP)

can someone please help me with the reicast naomi setup. A step by step process would be much appreciated. Do I unzip the bios and rename the specific file in the bios, or do I just rename the entire zipped file? I think this is my problem. when I go to load a game retorarch just shuts down.

1 Like

You only need the unzipped and renamed file

very strange. It keeps crashing on me.

Okay. I cleared the core files and now its just sitting at a black screen.

is there anything wrong with this config? reicast_cpu_mode = “dynamic_recompiler” reicast_boot_to_bios = “disabled” reicast_system = “auto” reicast_internal_resolution = “640x480” reicast_gdrom_fast_loading = “disabled” reicast_mipmapping = “enabled” reicast_volume_modifier_enable = “enabled” reicast_widescreen_hack = “disabled” reicast_audio_buffer_size = “1024” reicast_cable_type = “TV (RGB)” reicast_broadcast = “PAL_M” reicast_framerate = “fullspeed” reicast_region = “Default” reicast_analog_stick_deadzone = “15%” reicast_trigger_deadzone = “0%” reicast_digital_triggers = “disabled” reicast_precompile_shaders = “disabled” reicast_enable_rtt = “enabled” reicast_enable_rttb = “disabled” reicast_enable_purupuru = “enabled” reicast_oit_abuffer_size = “512MB”

I see you are using oit, what’s your GPU ? You know oit is only compatible with nvidia gpu atm ? Also, did you follow instructions to get lr-reicast working ? The thing with hardware context in retroarch config (i think it is required for all 3d cores, see https://www.libretro.com/index.php/new-core-dolphin-windowslinux-alpha-release/ for instructions) ? Also, are you using vulkan ? shaders ? Not sure lr-reicast is compatible with either of those atm.

I am using an Nvidia GTX 1060. hardware context is enabled. the driver is set to gl. no shaders used.

Does OIT will be compatible with OpenGL 4.1 or D3D?

Thanks.

Hmmmm, and you renamed epr-21576g.ic27 from mame’s naomi.zip into naomi_boot.bin inside dc subdirectory of retroarch system directory ? My only other guess would be that your game is not supported or your rom is wrong (bad dat/bin file or bad content in the lst file).

I have some doubts, most likely OIT needs some features only available in OpenGL 4.3 enabled hardware, if your hardware is not compatible with OpenGL 4.3, it means those features are probably missing, even with D3D (a different API to access the same hardware) they would still be missing.

1 Like

so I renamed epr-21576g in the systems folder. in retroarch. It sounds like you are saying there is a different folder?

I told you everything, the same instructions were written there : https://www.libretro.com/index.php/reicast-libretro-now-supports-naomi-other-additions/ .

this is epr-21576g.ic27, be careful if you are a windows user and hide extensions, the new extension is .bin

so I need to create a new folder in the system folder and name it dc directory? then put my naomi_boot.bin in it?

Okay, so I created the dc folder and put naomi_boot.bin in it. everything is working now. thank you.

Yes, the same folder where you should put dc_flash.bin and dc_boot.bin if you also intend to run dreamcast games.

Perfect! Thank you for the help.

Hi. I keep getting “Error 01: This game is not accepted by this main board”. I can run It in Demul with the naomi.zip package. Is there some way to know the compatibility between ROM/bios?

I don’t know what is “it”. FYI, reicast is NAOMI1 only at the moment.

Hey, you got into service mode?