Reicast OIT Widescreen Hack and VMU Saving

This core is running much better than the normal Reicast one. I tried using the widescreen hack, setting aspect to 16:9, but the image is just 4:3 stretched. Even restarting the core and making sure the option was ON.

I could not locate the VMU save for this core, it created a Reicast (OIT) folder under “saves”, but no VMU there or in the system folder.

1 Like

Do you get the VMU set the date screen on every launch? That is something really annoying on the regular Reicast core.

In Libretro’s blog, it reads we won’t need to input date and time anymore on both cores, provided you set the correct date the first time.

Just go to Option to Start with Bios and then go to VMU and Format the VMU then Exit without going to Bios and then you can save Games.

Sorry can’t help with the Widescreen Hack

1 Like

Just read it! Awesome :slight_smile:

Do you know what are the specs for OIT? (I am not currently at home to do tests).

Apart of this core version needing OpenGL 4.3 (according to the article), I don’t think that there are other specs to compare to the normal core.

I`ve figured VMU saves are being stored under \system\dc regardless all cores are set to save under \saves. The clock finally keeps saved provided you set the correct date and time. Only the widescreen hack is not working so far.

1 Like

Thanks as always bro!

1 Like

Thanks for the Info.

Though I checked and there where few Different VMU Files. Which Ones be for each Core?

Yeah I also found the Clock is Fixed when you use the Bios.

Yeah tried the Widescreen Hack but not working at Moment

1 Like

Reicast OIT is ignoring user configuration for saves and widescreen hack, VMUs are being store under system\dc\vmu_save_A1.bin, etc.

1 Like

Thanks for Linking the VMU Save Mate. Would it work with DEMUL VMU Manager?

Hopefully in future that the Save and Widescreen Configs get Fixed

So, I updated some cores today and noticed Reicast OIT has been updated, the core size reduced almost 2MB from the one I had, probably the first build, it was something like 6.5MB and it dropped to less than 5MB. There are some new options, and the wide-screen hack is finally working, I also noticed that Shenmue is not crashing anymore, I’m not sure if the intro crash still happens, since I have a save in the third disc, it crashed when I tried getting out of the house to Dobuita, I hope I can finally play this game on Retroarch.

Here are some screenshots with the wide-screen hack working, yeah even KOF is wide-screen!

Edit: I haven’t checked Libretro main page, Shenmue is officially running, great stuff!

2 Likes

Look at Social Media accounts for libretro and see the Latest Updates.

Been quite a Few Updates lately for Reicast which is Exciting

1 Like