Reicast retroarch 64 bits improvements

Hi, I just made new tests on shield tv with the last reicast core on the 64 bits edition of retroarch.

Last time I made tests, I have some lags with threated renderer enable. So I made a new test without these option and add framerate option to fullspeed. (with dsp enable) and the lag disapear, all is smooth like pc at 60 fps. (test sonic adventure and jet set radio) only crazy taxi give me bad fps. so will it be possible to achieve improvments to run all dreamcast game with no threated renderer option to make the games more smooth ?

We’ll keep working on it, of course, but that’s not really something we can predict with any certainty.

Ok thanks for your support and evolved of cores

I never tried Reicast on the 64 version but I’ve gotten full speed on the 32 bit version. Leave all options default except Threaded rendering, turn that on then go to quick settings/latency/poll type behavior and put it on “Early”. Save that as a core override, close content in quick settings then quit Retroarch. Every game I’ve thrown at it has been smooth like butter ever since. Couldn’t get Virtua Fighter 3 to run properly until I made that switch

thanks for the tip but is that I do earlier. the main problem is I have got micro stutter during game like sonic adventure. So on 64 bit without any option (just fullspeed to framerate option), it’s smooth on the majority of games