Resolution switching bug

Hello. Please can I just report this bug, it is a RetroArch bug rather than core specific. Running in CRT super resolution mode, say you run a game, it switches to correct resolution, but if you load another game by loading content in same core (without closing content first) it switches to desktop interlaced resolution when launching the game (and goes slow and jerky). Happens on all cores I’ve tested. If you close content first then it doesn’t happen only if you launch content without closing last one

@Alphanu is the one who would know about this.

I am not sure why you are having these issues. This was a very old bug that was fixed during the testing stages. 3 of my testers picked this issue up all of which are running windows. @abwezi are you having this issue?

I’ve noticed you posted a lot about resolutions.windows is limited in this method as you need to know and per install the resolution. If you want more accurate resolutions and timmings you need to switch to Linux. You could always install it to a sub and then run from that when you want to play.

Hmm I normally use a front end outside of retroarch so I close retroarch entirely before starting a new game most of the time. I’ll test this when I can tonight and report back

I’ve tested genplus gx, snes9x and pce beetle and happens on those. (So I think it must be a generic retroarch bug) The resolution problem I had before (not switching back to desktop resolution upon exit) you’ve fixed now, that’s working great now. I think the other problem I reported before on genplus is the same issue as this, as that was switching to desktop resolution upon launching a game, and I was launching it the same: not closing content first before launching a new game, but leaving previous content open. So I think it’s just one issue and I only have this one resolution issue now. As you replied on the other thread, the resolution switch works if you close the content first before loading new content

Well any additional information you have would be great. I couldn’t manage to replicate your issue. If I load content without closing the previous game it does switch to interlaced mode, but quickly changes to the correct super resolution if it is progressive like it should.

I’ll make a log, maybe that’ll help. Which nightly are you using? Have you updated to one recently?

Also what is your desktop resolution? I’ll try that too

Have the same issue only now my retroarch is using the last used super resolution instead of an interlaced desktop resolution. For example if I launch a pal genesis game and a ntsc NES game it will launch the ntsc nes game at pal50. Exiting retroarch makes my desktop start in this resolution as well and I have to hit ctrl+alt+del and “switch user” to get my interlaced desktop resolution back so I can see my desktop