RetroArch 1.7.0 iOS11 keyboard and iCade supported. ipa Download Link

To have full speed on N64 Games. Get the Europe Roms not US or Japan. To Have Hi-Resulation Texture. Go this website (http://textures.emulation64.com/index.php?id=downloads) and download the Hi-res texture for your game. For example Super Mario 64 should be like this: com.provenance.n64/hires_texture/SUPER MARIO 64

when you download Hi-res texture, unzip it or them (most of them multiple zipped files) then name the folder to:

Mario Kart 64-------------------------------------------------MARIOKART64

Super Smash Bros-----------------------------------------SMASH BROTHERS

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time--------THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Legend of Zelda, Majora’s Mask--------------------ZELDA MAJORA’S MASK

1 Like

Well I tried 1.6 and now I have Muepenplus but psx games keep crashing. What directory does the BIOS have to be in because I already tried changing to in retroarch by pointing the directory to where they are but still crashes.

@Thegoodstuff24 : In “/Documents/retroarch/system”, be sure to use the correct BIOSes, there is the option “Core -> Check for Missing Firmware Before Loading” if you want…

scph5500.bin, md5 = 8dd7d5296a650fac7319bce665a6a53c

scph5501.bin, md5 = 490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246

scph5502.bin, md5 = 32736f17079d0b2b7024407c39bd3050

BTW, this is a thread for v1.7 on iOS 11… :smile:

use ifile or iFunbox to delete Retroarch-core-options.cfg from documents/Retroarch/.

There is no Retroarch folder in documents anymore, the IPA’s you’ve been providing are now in Mobile/Containers/Data/Applications/retroarch.

Im pretty sure that mobile/documents requires root access so unless you’re jail broken you couldn’t get there anyway.

@Thegoodstuff24 : The BIOSes are in “/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Applications/(RetroArch)/Documents/retroarch/system”, or “(RetroArch)/retroarch/system” use iFunbox or similar to access the RetroArch documents, as iTunes only allows to see the main directory…

Thank you so much @Weedy_Weed_Smoker

1 Like

Can these texture packs be used with retroarch on IOS too? If so what is the folder structure to make them work?

hello Weedy_Weed_Smoker, can you plz share ScummVM , Mini vMac compiled for ios 11? thx!

v1.5 release version of Provenance now has the N64 core as standard however Hi-Res Texture Packs no longer seem to load.

sorry if this is offtopic just want to point out that i compiled ScummVM for ios 11 and if anyone wants it is here : http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=85575#85575 thank you

Hi !

I just noticed your request, psy…

I just compiled all new versions of some emulators ready for iOS 11, and I thought I just might share here, because, why not !

BasiliskII (iOS 11)

iDOS2 1.4.1 (iOS 11)

Mini vMac (iOS 11)

Provenance 1.5 (iOS 11)

ScummVM 2.1.0 (iOS 11)

Cheers !

3 Likes

thanks! emulators are great, can’t wait to try them out :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the great work.

I used Cydia Impactor to install the 1.7.0 ipa and was glad to see NES30PRO (iCade mode) working in controlling the menus.

Unfortunately it crashed every time I try to load NDS (using DeSmuME) or SNES (Snes9x) content. Version 1.6.8 allowed me to load NDS and SNES just fine but there is no NES30PRO support.

I am using iPad pro 10.5 @ IOS11.3.

Has anyone been experiencing the same issue? Any steps I could take to take debug logs?

Hey guys! Got some problems with downloading 1.7.0 version. long story short, can anyone please post a retroarch latest version .deb file so i can download and install it via my iphone. Thanks in advanced. Ps. enhanced resolution (slow) needs to be updated or its never gonna work on ios 11? Because i remember smooth graphics without huge pixels on ps1 with my old iphone 6. @Weedy_Weed_Smoker

Hi! Thanks for emulators, very useful! Does anyone is able to make working Dsobox core on Retroarch iOS 11?

not within RetroArch but the iDos2 ipa works for me (make sure you check the cycle speed and you can also edit your cfg using an e.g. windows-based install and then dropping it into the iDos2 folder). If you’re on a non-jailbroken device you need to keep resigning all of the apps every week, but worth it.

Thanks for your answer. iDOS 2 is also working for me but I have an issue with it: the setting core=dynamic in the cfg file is not applied. So I would like to use dosbox in RetroArch to bypass this problem.

In fact, this setting is needed to run Windows 9x without bugs (with the other setting cputype=pentium_slow)

I just compiled two more cores for iOS 11. DosBox and vice x64.

or

Oh thanks! I’m gonna try this