RetroArch 1.7.2 (iOS 11) ipa download + other emulators

Here is the latest RetroArch for iOS 11 including the cores I use…

The included cores are : 4do (3DO) — bsnes_mercury_performance (Super NES) — desmume (Nintendo DS) — fbalpha (Arcade) — fceumm (NES) — gambatte (Game Boy) — gw (Game & Watch) — mame2003 (Arcade) — mednafen_psx (Playstation) — mednafen_supergrafx (PC Engine/Turbografx/CD) — mednafen_vb (Virtual Boy) — mgba (Game Boy Advance) — nxengine (Cave Story engine) — pcsx_rearmed (Playstation) — picodrive (SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis/Master System/32x/CD) — snes9x (Super NES) — tgbdual (Game Boy 2 players) — vecx (Vectrex)

I also compiled/linked some complementary emulators for iOS 11, as their RetroArch core counterparts are currently broken on iOS 11 (and added some retro Mac emulators in the mix…)

Here are the links :

RetroArch 1.7.2 (iOS 11)

I couldn’t manage to compile the latest versions of DeSmuME, picodrive and NXengine, so older ones were used…

Provenance 1.5b293 (iOS 11) — N64 emulator core included

I had to install a virtualized version of Mac OS X 10.13 just to compile it as my trusty hackintosh is on OS X 10.12 — Spotlight search plugin not included

PPSSPP 1.4.2 (iOS 11) — PSP emulator

https://build.ppsspp.org/?page/downloads

uoYabause/yabasanshiro 1.8.1 (iOS 11) — SEGA Saturn emulator

http://www.uoyabause.org/static_pages/download

It says the IPA is unsigned on the website but it is indeed signed anyway

ScummVM 2.1.0 (iOS 11) — Point & Click games engine

Included is the smart keyboard fix, the arrows on the keyboard fix, and the mt32 emulator which seems to work fine on iOS now… And a corrected icon

iDOS2 1.4.1 (iOS 11) — PC DOS emulator

Mini vMac 2.3 (iOS 11) — Mac 68k emulator (Mac OS 1.1 - 7.5.5)

BasiliskII 04/28/2018 (iOS 11) — Mac 68k emulator (Mac OS 7.0 - 8.1)

To install on a non-jailbroken device, use Cydia Impactor (http://www.cydiaimpactor.com), you may have to re-install the .ipa every week if using a free account, or every year if using a paid developer account…

To install on a jailbroken device, just unzip the “.ipa” file (rename to “.zip”), and install to “/Applications” via SFTP or Filza (or use iFunbox or similar) — then type “uicache” via SSH…

P.S.: Everything on this list is already code-signed so you don’t have to worry about signing again if you’re jailbroken… If not, Cydia Impactor will re-sign everything for you !

Cheers !

2 Likes

Many thanks :wink: is there any way to get dosbox core inside retroarch for ios?

1 Like

@Jujul98 : For iOS, yes, but for iOS 11, many cores are broken due to the switch to 64-bit only by Apple (including DOSBox)… So they need some serious refactoring before they work on iOS 11’s 64-bit only architecture !

Compile the latest PPSSPP, because jit is working now without jailbreak on 64bit devices.I tested it games are running in full speed. For Retroarch you compiled few cores only. BTW, thanks for the hard work.

1 Like

This doesn’t work on ios 10 I need to edit the version in the info.plist and every time i do it says there is no info.plist when I zip it back up and change it to ipa

Installation.cpp:41 The system version is lower than the minimum OS version for specified for bundle at /private/var/installd/library/caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.vxji2z/extracted/payload/retroarcg.app. Have 10.0.2 Need 11

This one made only for ios 11. You need to build for ios 10.

Can anyone tell me how to add Stella ( Atari 2600 ) to the ipa? It doesn’t let me download it in app.

I’m hoping somebody can help me out here. I installed this ipa with impacter, and at first it would open to the main menu. However, I hadn’t added bios yet, and while I was trying to install the bios, the app froze and would not unfreeze even with a force close. I deleted it and re-installed it the same way, and now when I open the app just hangs on the “libretro” logo forever.

Any ideas?

Does the pcsx_rearmed core work on your ios device? Is it dynarec or interpreter?

Could you please share the ios device you have as well as specific ios version and line you used to compile the pcsx rearmed dylib please? (pretty please!?)

I’m trying to get pcsx rearmed working in ios10, and have read a few notes that suggest that building the dylib with backwards compatibility to ios8 fixes the 64-bit processors… However your core looks to be about half the size, perhaps no 32-bit “backwards compatibility”? If you made any code edits to get it to work… any chance you could share those as well?

Just a quick question here - Is it possible to run retroarch on iOS 12 using impactor? And if so do all cores work (inclu N64 and PSX) thank you!