RetroArch CRT SwitchRes Additions

OK guys Its been a while since Ive updated this, but here it is.

LINUX UPDATE ONLY

I have reworked the porch algorithm and used an oscilloscope to match it as closely as possible to th original hardware. I have also included a fix for the interlaced bug making sure VSNC does not limit you to 30fps (this is early stages, feedback would be good)

Hopefully dynamic modesline will be included for windows soon, still waiting for Calamity on that!

Unfortunalty 31Khz is not included yet, I am still waiting on the menu additions for this. @hunterk any news on this?

Also resolution restore should now work on Linux if your using VGA or DVI output.

There is still a lot more to come, but I am waiting on the menu modifications.

ENJOY

If you want to get it now before its merged compile my git @ https://github.com/alphanu1/MME4CRT

3 Likes

That’s fantastic! I’ll try to check it out ASAP.

For the menu, I’ve asked Twinaphex about it a few times and he apologized about it taking so long, but he still hasn’t done any of it… I’ll ask him again, as it’s a good time for it, IMO, since we just put out a release. That’ll give us maximum time to work out any kinks.

1 Like

Cool, let me know if you come across any issues!

OK so there seems to be a bug with switching. My guess is that something has changed in the video driver which is causing the issue.

My version uses an older build of RetroArch, it works great it can be found here https://github.com/alphanu1/MME4CRT_GA it is version 1.7.3(one of the nightlies) It does have all the changes mentioned above.

@hunterk It might be simpler to host a compiled fork of my CRT Switching version for know until the issue is found.

It seems to be tied in with the current cycle for video output, once @Twinaphex has added the options this will be fixed. Also there was a small error with the switching code. This has been fixed.

Hi,

I have some switching problem with SNES and N64, I you want I can take screenshots

Thanks

[quote=“Alphanu”]OK so there seems to be a bug with switching. My guess is that something has changed in the video driver which is causing the issue.

My version uses an older build of RetroArch, it works great it can be found here https://github.com/alphanu1/MME4CRT_GA 2 it is version 1.7.3(one of the nightlies) It does have all the changes mentioned above.[/quote]

Does this bug affect Windows too or is it just for the Linux version? Is it safe to use under Windows the latest stable version available (1.7.4)?

Sorry to ask since I must be missing something, but doesn’t you version/additions do this (switching modes dynamically when required by the game) currently?

Great job on the updates. I’ve noticed a few issues while using super resolutions.

Neko Project 2 uses 240p resolutions when the content runs at 400p

PX6800 seems to have similar issues. 480p, 512p and 1024p uses a 240p resolution. 240p and 256p run fine.

Currently CRT switchres only support 15khz cores, this means it will only uses resolution in the 240p and 480i range. There is no down scaling for mid or high res cores.

1 Like

Reposting this question in case my previous post was missed, I’m intrigued:

Sorry to ask since I must be missing something, but doesn’t you version/additions do this (switching modes dynamically when required by the game) currently?

Yes and no, With windows you currently need all the resolutions installed. this is not necessary with dynamic modelines.

Ah, got it, thks.

Is the current stable version not switching modes also under Windows, then?

yes it switches resolutions but the modlines have to be installed via VMmaker or custom res utility

Oh, sure, thks. I meant if the bug you mention only happens under the Linux version. I understand it does then.