RetroArch doesn't start with BEX error

Hello! I have installed Windows 7 on my PC and installed RetroArch over it. RetroArch based on MSVC 2010 doesn’t start at all, BUT RetroArch based on MSVC 2003 starts and even downloads cores from its repository, but it can’t load any of them to use. I get the BEX Error mostly. Tried almost latest nightly builds.

My PC: AMD Athlon II 250 CPU ATi Radeon X2100 GPU 2 GB DDR2 RAM 40 GB IDE HDD

Have you tried the mingw build (i.e., non-MSVC)? It should work on Win7 and up and provides the best experience.

Yes I tried. Latest build RetroArch-2018-07-25-x86-setup.exe crashes with APPCRASH error. Name of the module with error: StackHash_0a9e.

Here is the log, which created RetroArch when I start shortcut RetroArch (log to file): [INFO] RetroArch 1.7.3 (Git 0e86c664ce) [INFO] === Build ======================================= [INFO] Version: 1.7.3 [INFO] Git: 0e86c664ce [INFO] ================================================= [INFO] Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. [INFO] Redirecting save file to “C:\RetroArch\saves.srm”. [INFO] Redirecting savestate to “C:\RetroArch\states.state”. [INFO] Version of libretro API: 1 [INFO] Compiled against API: 1 [INFO] [Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 29970.03 Hz. [INFO] [Video]: Video @ 960x720 [INFO] [GL]: Found GL context: wgl [INFO] [GL]: Detecting screen resolution 1360x768. [INFO] [GL]: Vendor: Microsoft Corporation, Renderer: GDI Generic. [INFO] [GL]: Version: 1.1.0.

Hello? Do devs ignore bugreports?

This is your problem, I believe. RetroArch can’t launch with the default GL driver and Microsoft’s GDI Generic driver. You can try installing the vendor’s drivers, if available, and see if that treats you any better. If not, you can open your retroarch.cfg and change video_driver from “gl” to “d3d9” and menu_driver from “xmb” to “rgui”. If that still doesn’t work (i.e., if your GPU doesn’t support directx9), you’ll have to fall back to “gdi” for your video_driver and “xmb” for your menu_driver.

Thanks, I’ll try it now

The last variant worked, thanks! A core for NES downloaded and I could start a game. Need to test a little further, but thanks a lot!