Retroarch FBA core issues ( Knights of Valour 2 )

Hi there My question is this game: kov2p.zip ( Knights of Valour 2 Plus - Nine Dragons ) It boot fine mame2014 & 2016 core from Retroarch … But FBA core just show “no-item” when load ROM… Because my phone not enough powerful to get full speed.

So I find this moded Fba4droid apk ( they removed virus) reddit.com/r/gpdxd/comments/8sb0bf/new_version_of_fba4droid_176_the_most_and_light/

Dammit the FBA core seems far better than Retroarch mame core performance wont get any slow down

So how can I get retroarch FBA core work with pgm game ?

I put pgm.zip bio with game romset Boot kov2p.zip retroatch just give me “no-item” error I prefer Retroarch because it can add advanced shaders!!

Please help thanks

Our FBA core is up-to-date and uses an updated ROMset.

If you get a log, it will probably say it can’t find a bunch of files that need to be in the game archive.

Ah …

Where can i find 0.2.97.44 romset?

I/we can’t help you with that.

It’s basically the same as the latest mame romset (0.205 at the moment)

1 Like

Thanks man

:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

I’m very sorry man

0.205 ROMset won’t works

Should I repack game ROM + bio into a single zip file?

No matter I try retroarch show “no-item”

I don’t know where you messed up, but kov2p from mame 0.205 is exactly the same rom as kov2p from latest fba, maybe you forgot bios (pgm.zip) ?

I put pgm.zip with game Rom under same folder…

Could you please pm me your “retroarch android setting”?

Please sir thanks

Like I said I can boot game with mame core but speed slow down

If I able to boot fba will be fully speed.

I’ve been pulling my hair out with this same issue for the last few days. I used clrmamepro to update to. 44 latest but no joy in getting PGM games working with RA. Pgm. Zip is in Roms folder etc. Just unable to load content. If I use the old afba app or fba4droid they all run flawlessly. I’m using android phone lgg5 and shield tablet. On PC they work even when romset doesn’t match the latest core. I want them in DIG front end and RA and can’t currently. Definitely a RA issue and not the romset.

all i can say is that it should work (an i works at least for linux/windows) this probably platform specific issue or bad rom for the version (coz you said it works with mame which uses different rom files but sometimes mame will still load if rom is invalid or have wrong crc)

Sure, that’s why the opener of this topic finally got them working on his android after using the right romset : We need FBA core that’s works for pgm game . Good luck and stop blaming the core.

I’ve used the correct romsets for. 44. They work on android via the other two apps but not RA. Didn’t mean to cause offense but when RA on PC works with the same sets and different, just seems odd Android RA will not run PGM titles for love no money.

i just took out my very crappy Android 5.1 (not)smartphone, updated retroarch through f-droid, updated fba and loaded a merged-set kov2.zip WORKS GREAT except that my phone is slow.

also tried the split romsets, specifically kov2p204.zip and kov2p202.zip and they load fine as well. are you using zip compressed? or some other compressed formats…

1 Like

It works for everyone except you. You seem dead set on the fact your pgm.zip and whatever rom you are trying to launch are ok (over the years a lot of people told me the same thing, they were ALL wrong), then let’s explore the other recommandations :

• Make sure you are using latest retroarch (nightly)
  • Make sure you are using the right fbalpha core (no 2012) and its latest version (nightly)
  • Use standard settings in core options (especially avoid cpu overclock and cyclone since pgm is using a m68k cpu)
  • In you savefiles/fba folder, delete any .fs file related to the rom you are trying to use (maybe a corrupted eeprom ?)

If it still doesn’t work, then there is definitely something wrong with your romsets, post your logs and i’ll prove it to you (don’t ask me how to get logs on android, idk)

Then clearly I mustn’t have rebuilt my Roms correctly and I’ll wait until a. 44 set can be downloaded somewhere. Just haven’t had this issue previously. Leave it at that.

Not sure it’ll happen anytime soon, especially since there are changes to the fba romsets every week.

im not even on .44 yet to be honest (which doesnt seem to change much of the existing romsets anyways)…

[post removed for linking to copyrighted content]

Here’s your warning. Link to that sort of thing again and I’ll have to ban you.