Retroarch filters and shaders not being detected

I am running retro arch on my 2017 MacBook Pro. games runs fine but when I want to add video filters or shaders… either through the general configuration, or the game specific shaders… I will cycle through the list of preset filters, (for example gdapt under dithering), and it doesn’t detect the gc or gcp files in the folder. thus it can’t load these filters and shaders. this is true for all of them not just dithering. looking through Finder, the files are in the folder, so why isn’t retro arch detecting it. I also did the update glsl too. nothing.

It may not have Cg support compiled in, in which case you would need to use the GLSL shaders.

The preset files (cgp or glslp) will only show up via the ‘load shader preset’ option. The individual shader files (*.cg or *.glsl) will only show up when you assign a shader to an individual shader pass.

So, you’ve fetched the GLSL shaders from the online updater and you can see the files in the Finder but RetroArch doesn’t see them? Could it be a permissions issue? That is, can you make sure that they’re full read/write for everyone?

I got it to work! thanks for the suggestions!

how you have work it?