Retroarch hangs in 1.7.6 on Win10 32Bit, crashing my system

So I updated to 1.7.6, backing up the 1.7.5 files in case something goes wrong.

When I load it, everything loads severely slow, The frames counter pops up in the corner, showing a 10-20FPS at the max, even moving the mouse becomes sluggish, while moving the mouse is barely responsive, I have to kill the process to get it to exit, which ended with a system hang where I couldn’t even restart the system, I had to force restart.

Did 1.7.6 cause a bump up in system requirements?

My system is Windows 10 Home, 32Bit system with 2GB of Ram, with an Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8350 CPU @ 1.44GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.4GHz, Device is a NuVision 2 in 1 laptop tablet

Retroarch version was 1.7.6, 32bit version (x86) and the stable build, none of the nightlies, this never happened with 1.7.5 and stopped after swapping those back in. I use the portable version and replaced the right files and it still did this multiple times (Backed up 1.7.5s files and it ran way better)

I also already did scans for viruses and that didn’t find anythine with any of Malwarebytes tools so it wasn’t that that caused it.

Edit: Tested it on my 64bit Windows Desktop, with 4gb of ram and a core i3, yet I get the same issues, if I get it straight from the 7z file, it runs fine, but if I try to overwrite any files, then it just runs super poorly like on my laptop. Anyone know what I’m supposed to overwrite?

Tested more and got it running nice on my desktop (lacking assets in pixel theme not withstanding), and I tested it on my laptop, when there are no playlists it runs great, but when there are playlists then it just chugs to a crawl and I don’t know why.

I am having similar issues after updating my setup