Retroarch on Wii - Some Newbie Questions

Hello,

I’m using Retroarch with EmulationStation Frontend on my PC already, yesterday I found the old Wii. My idea is now to install Retroarch on this console for use in the living room.

My Questions are:

-How is the perfomance on the Wii? I want to emulate SNES, Genesis, Master System… -Is there a Frontend like EmulationStation I can use on the Wii?

Thank you

there’s no frontend but the Wii port is very nice, IMO. It runs a lot of cores very well and it looks great.

Thought I’d ask a Wii Newbie question to this thread rather than posting a new one. Hope you don’t mind.

Here goes: Can one use a USB controller on the Wii version of RA? It might be nice to play some Mega Drive games with my Hori fight stick. :slight_smile:

Perfomance on the Wii for the consoles you listed is very good, almost perfect. But for those systems I use SNES9x GX & GENPlus GX for Genesis & Master System respectively, as they have a better GUI and much easier to use, they run perfect. I use RetroArch for CPS 1/2 & NEOGEO as it is the best emulator for those. Thanks

The front end for Wii is WiiFlow Lite. gbatemp is your go-to for all things Wii. Yes, I’m sure you can use a usb controller, but nothing beats the Wii classic controller. It plugs into a wiimote so in effect, it’s wireless, just tethered to the wiimote.

It’s possible to use a PS4 or PS3 controller. I have the apps installed to do it but haven’t bothered with it as I’m happy with the Wii classic.

The systems you mentioned emulate great, except for UN Squadron on SNES which gives me audio crackling on all cores no matter what settings I’ve tried (it’s crystal clear on my pc).

Retroarch Wii zx81 Emulator

Hi :

When I run ZX81 emulator (81_libretro.dol) and open a .p or .tzx files. I get this picture. I tried changing all the core configuration but nothing. Is there anybody that can run this emulator in WIi? Please anybody con help me?? This is my favorite 80s computer and I´ll like run it in my WII.

Tnx

Proble