Retroarch WiiU Troubleshooting

Hello !

I’m using retroarch on a 32G black WiiU 5.5.3 via Haxchi > Homebrew launcher > retroarch (1.7.5) I use the NES30 controler, wich is great, I created playlists it’s working. Mostly, I can play and I’m happy. :slight_smile:

While it’s working fine for the most of it, I’m running into a few problems and would love to find help here :

1_ I’m playing on a CRT screen and the menu font is way too small (either on my TV and in my gamepad). I litteraly cannot read anything.

I found how to use another font and pick up a bold one, it’s a bit better but not great. I also found a “font scale factor” and set it up to 140 %. The font is readable but some part of the text is now off screen, so it’s not great.

I tried to select another menu than XMB but I don’t find how to do that. Went to Driver > menu. I see XMB is active and when I try to change I can choose RGUI (or LGUI) or stripes. I tried selecting RGUI , it freezes the screen and I had to hard reeboot. Retroarch then crashes at launch and I had to delete it from my SD card and set it up again to get it work again. So my question is : can I change font size in XMB menu or if not, can I use another menu than XMB ?

2_ If I press the “physical” start (+) button on the gamepad or the start button in the NES30 controler, while I’m in the retroarch menu or while I’m in a game, it disconnects and reconnects my controler (I got some yellow notifications and the controller is off for a few seconds).

Sometimes it also start or pause / unpause my game normally and sometimes not. (like the disconnect happens randomly before or after the “start” function)

If I setup the “start” function on another button on the gamepad / controler, I can start and pause/ unpause any game normally without disconnecting. But the “physical” start (+) button still always disconnect and then reconnect the gamepad, no matter what function I set up for this button. So my question is : can I make the start button not disconnect / reconnect my controler ?

3_ While Genesis plus GX and SNES9X works fine, FCEUMM crashes as soon I launch it (bugged black and white display on TV, error message on gamepad (“bad read memory…”). So my question is : what did I do wrong ?

Thank you so much with any help !

Hi ! Nobody can help me ?

I tried NEStopia for nes games. It’s also giving me a black screen and freeze… strange… Loading core and then loading content OR using a playlist gives me the same result > black screen, freeze. I cannot see what I do wrong :confused:

Any help would be welcome ! :sweat_smile:

1 Like