RetroArch360 - Issue with Mega CD / Sega CD on Genesis Plus GX core

Hello everyone,

Just registered to post a little issue I’m having with the core of Genesis Plus GX on RetroArch360 v1.0.0.2 on my Xbox360, I hope I’m not posting this in the wrong section.

I also posted this on same issue on the genplus-gx google code page (https://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/issues/detail?id=410), but got answer from the author stating he does not maintain the RetroArch port, so, here goes, in hope of getting some answer in the forum around here:

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Start “Sonic CD” game (EUR region tested)
  2. Must be CUE/ISO/WAV or CUE/BIN

What is the expected output? What do you see instead? After Mega CD BIOS screen, in-game, after around ~7 seconds of emulation, the game freezes momentarily (less than 1 second) and after a few seconds, the BGM CDDA/WAV of the game will start to lag, and the game will start to lag due to this. If you pause the game, and remove pause, the game will be normal again for ~7 sec. again.

What version of the emulator are you using (official, SVN revision,…)? RetroArch-360 v1.0.0.2 on Xbox 360 with Genesis Plus GX core v1.7.4.

Please provide any additional information below (Emulator settings, Console setting,…) I though this could be a issue with the USB speed of the console or something, but when you pause the game, the HDD also stops blinking, so it also stops. Also, sometimes after removing pause, the issue starts again in less than a second. Pause and remove pause, and it goes OK again. Also, I have a lot of XBLA games in it and never had any issue with them, so I doubt the problem is in the speed of the USB or HDD.

If a video is needed I can post one.

BR,