Save shaders configuration for each game/core

For some reason Retroarch isn’t saving shaders configuration per-game, even if i use the “save game preset” option. So everytime i boot a game (or core) i had to manually change the shader, since i use one different for almost every core/game. For example i’m trying to play some 2D games on Atomiswave and using CRT-Geom make them looks good, but for 3d model games, isn’t a good idea

Is theres a way to fix this?

Your core/game presets should be saved in [shader dir]/presets. Do you have any conflicts in there?

Can you post a log of you loading a game and it failing to load the shader?

It doesn’t seem to have any problems. It also loads the shaders correctly. My problem is that for example i wanna use crt-geom.cgp shader for a CPS3 game, but not for the Reicast core. And it doesn’t work. It save the presets, but still the configuration its the same for every game. If i load Reicast and play a game, it appears like i’m using the same shader configuration i used for any previous game. I want a specific shader for every game/core

There can be issues with mixing and matching shader types, such as Cg and GLSL. If there’s a conflict when you save the core/game preset, it will fail to overwrite it and just keep using the original one. That could be happening here.

In my case, Reicast core says that i’m using glslp shaders for the games, which i don’t. I don’t wanna use shaders for DC games, since im upscaling the resolution for the content

AFAIK, Cg shaders won’t work on Reicast, so if you want any shaders (like for 2D games), you’ll need to use the GLSL shaders instead.

If you’re trying to save a preset for no shaders, the preset saving function can’t work with 0 passes (there’s nothing to save). You would need to save 1 pass of the appropriate stock shader (in this case, stock.glsl).

So, in theory, if i do this, i won’t need to change the shaders for Reicast game every time i boot a game, right? thats my problem. Reicast loads the shaders preset for others core (ie CPS2), and i just don’t want that

yes, that’s correct.

I’ve never been able to get GL shaders to save per core/game like i can with CG shaders. When i use GL ones i have to load the shader, then save it as a custom preset, THEN save per core/game then it will work.