ScummVM Problem

I’m trying to run Beneath A Steel Sky in RetroArch with ScummVM. The game loads up fine to the Virgin Interactive logo but then the screen goes black and I don’t get to the Revolution logo. Eventually, with the screen still black, the audio of the intro will start to play.

I tested the game with the version of ScummVM it came with from Good Old Games and it plays fine- so the problem lies with this version of ScummVM. Any ideas on how I can get this game working?

Although the topic is old, the issue persists to this day. One way of getting past this is running retroarch_debug.exe instead which, for whatever reason, will work fine. This issue has been open in Github since February, we’ve yet to see someone address it: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/11763

Here’s a list of games that I know of which are affected by the same bug:

• Beneath a Steel Sky
  • Bud Tucker in Double Trouble
  • Drascula - The Vampire Strikes Back
  • Gobliins 2
  • Goblins 3
  • Legend of Kyrandia, The - Malcolm’s Revenge (affects intro / FMV sequences)
  • Leisure Suit Larry 7 - Love for Sail
  • Toonstruck
  • Touche
  • Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimut

In case you don’t have retroarch_debug.exe and need it, grab it here (x64, v1.90 [6388872a54])

Bumping this in case someone happens to be able to chime in.

This also used to happen to me, but now I get some heavily distorted images sometimes, including the revolution logo. So, not much progress was made.

Yeah, same here. Most things still didn’t change, but others have like you mentioned where the logos appear faintly with an aberrant coloration.