Shaders missing from new installation

I’m embarrassed to ask this, but the shader files (cg, cgp, glsl, glslp) are missing from within a fresh download of Retroarch. That is, the files are present when looking from Explorer in Windows, but missing from the browser within Retroarch. I see the folders, but no files.

• Running a brand new 1.7.4 portable install for an unrelated reason.
  • A backup copy of 1.7.0 finds the files just fine.
  • The files are definitely present, just not visible to Retroarch.
  • I’ve run the online updater several times to be sure.
  • I’ve run several searches here and on Google for clues, but nothing precisely the same, many specific to Retropie which I am not running.
  • I feel for all the world like I ran into this same problem a few years ago and I can’t remember for the life of me what happened.

RetroArch will only show shaders that are compatible with the current driver. So, if you’re using the vulkan driver, for example, you won’t see glsl/p or cg/p shaders.

Also, if you’re trying to load a single shader, you won’t see presets, and if you’re trying to load a preset, you won’t see single shaders.

Ah. I had switched from gl to d3d12 out of curiosity. I’ll try to remember that this time. Is there a reference to this in the documentation? I would be surprised if I’m the first person to not know/forget this.

What I saw was here: https://www.retroarch.com/index.php?page=shaders