SHADERS not having any effect PSX Beetle HW

Hey everybody! I have some trouble implementing shader effects for PSX beetle HW. No matter what Slang shaders I load presets for - I see no visible changes. I run Vulkan. Shaders work fine for all other emulators, Sega Saturn for example. I’ll help is very much appreciated!

My specs are… Windows 10 x64 Intel Core i5 6500 CPU 3,3 GHz 16 GB ram Radeon RX 480

Which shaders are you trying, and are you using increased internal res? Can you post a log of you loading a nonfunctional shader?

1 Like

Thanks for responding! I’ve tried A LOT of em. SABr, xbr, and several others. Internal GPU resolution 4x.

How do I create a log?

Go to settings > logging > logging verbosity ON and Log to File ON.

If all of the shaders you’re using are smoothing/interpolation shaders like xBR, those shaders are fundamentally incompatible with increased internal resolution because that throws off their pattern recognition algorithms.

However, check out the xbr/super-4xbr-3d shaders, which are designed to work with the increased internal res settings.

1 Like

I’ll do that and upload the log! Thank you!

I can’t seem to find the “logging” in “settings”. :no_mouth:

go to settings > user interface and set ‘show advanced options’ to ON.

1 Like

I might be blind and retarded, but I can’t even find “settings”. I’ll sleep on this and check again in a few days.

This thread is a bit old but I was having the same problem and was very upset too after hours of testing. What I found is that certain shaders only work at a native 1x dithering patern or if the dithering option is off.