Some issues with the latest version

Updated from 1.7.6 to 1.7.7 nightly and noticed two issues.

First one is whenever i press “Load Core” the program closes without an error.

Second issue is the new message windows that appear with info like “xinput controller connected” and others. This message box is sometimes white letters on a light cyan window and you can’t read it unless you are very close. Other times (like the save config message) appears on a gray window. This window has a slow “animation” and appears on top of the old messages making a visual mess. Also, some info still appears with the old (better) method and some with the new one (uglier). I say it’s uglier because it looks as if it doesn’t belong to RetroArch, it looks like Windows is trying to pop up messages or something.

Is there a way to disable these new pop up window messages and keep the old text?

Edit: Disabling onscreen notifications only disables the old text. The new annoying boxes still appear :frowning:

Go to Settings -> User Interface -> Menu Widgets in OFF, the new message window will be disabled.
About Load Core I don’t face this issues in my environment, so I don’t know the solution :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I have the latest version of retroarch, but for some reason, it will not show up in the volume mixer. I have gone into the sound settings, unchecked and rechecked the “allow programs to take control of audio” box, etc etc. Nothing I do seems to work. The thing is, it has worked before, but I don’t know what happened.