Some MAME games fail to load, and produce debug error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION error

I will try to load the game and it hangs on the initialization. I enabled debug mode and the full error looks like this, and looks like it just happens repeatedly:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: [GL debug (High, API, Error)]: GL_INVALID_OPERATION error generated. The operation is invalid when the uniform is a matrix. RetroArch [libretro ERROR] :: Running a dead emulator.

I have tried disabling shaders and see the same problem. This only occurs with certain games, and on the Windows version. (I run on Linux and Android as well, and don’t see the problem there)

My video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 760.

Example games where this occurs: Mortal Kombat, Battletoads, Gauntlet Legends (mostly newer stuff) Example games where it does not occur: Donkey Kong, Double Dragon, Pac Man

Anybody have any ideas what might be going on? I’ve attached the full log.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same “[libretro ERROR] :: Running a dead emulator.” here, with all my MAME Roms, no matter what core I select. When I try to load a game, Retroarch just crashes. Can’t find a single clue using google.