Thumbnails thoughts. If you want images, why the hassle?

Have some thoughts.

Why is it not stupid easy to upload images for thumbnail use in retroarch/lakka ?

I have to learn PR with github!?, okey it may be easy when you learned it but thats my point. If e.g facebook forced their users to upload their images with the same hassle as PR with github i doubt there would be the same amount of images on facebook as it is today.

It should be done they way gamefaqs.gamespot.com or gamesdb.launchbox-app.com or something similar easy “click two times” system.

I think the user who uploads the boxart/image should not have to care about pixel, resolution, format rules, only some info like, wich platform, what game, original boxcover or homebrew or whatever you get the point. This way I think you will get more images with better quality.

Anyways, my roms and your dat files did not match 100% and the en,es,fr mumble after every pal rom is very anoying so I made my own playlists with RetroArch Playlist Buddy by Markwkidd (Thanks alot, i will send a buck someday)

And then I went to launchbox, gamespot and google to collect all my boxart. Its 17538 images so far (Will be around 15000 when it’s 100% done i guess)

I’m maybe 90% done with my consoles/playlist i like too use and really bored with it so I think im gonna do something else for awhile.

I renamed, resized and somewhat organized them… I removed most of the japanese roms as I dont understand them anyways. Same with spanish french and so on.

Some images from Retroarch was pretty good like Gamecube, Wii and N64 if i remember right. Pal / Us version of the covers is a mix as im not that picky and the amount of nice pal covers was’nt the best out there. Some ntsc was missing so I used the pal-one for them and so on, i even made som pal covers my self under snes. Some covers I could’nt even find and some still looks like crap so on and so forth…

Anyways, I created a droplet on digitalocean and put my collection of images there for anyone to download, try out, upload to github thru pr or whatever.

I have no idea about license and such, I read this and felt the same.

Is it some kind of issue with this thread just remove it.

Here’s my droplet http://104.248.240.144/ I let it stay up from now October 2018 until newyear or so. If you read this post too late and want my images, send me a pm or something and i’ll make sure you get the images.