Transferring from DeSmuME to RetroArch

Hello,

I’ve been struggling to transfer a save from desmume (latest version) to retroarch (using the core DeSmuME 2015). I have put my .dsv file in the same folder as my .nds giving them the same name but RetroArch opens the game as if it was the first time.

I’ve no idea if those saves are compatible, but here is 2 things you might consider :

• renaming your .dsv file to .sav, the core might be expecting this extension from what i see in your folder
  • using the desmume core (latest) instead of the desmume2015 core (old)

Thank you, it unfortunately didn’t worked I’ve tried opening the game after renaming the save as a .sav with the latest and old core. (I also tried opening the game with the latest core with a .dsv file too)

@Archir The save folder for RetroArch is not in the rom file’s folder by default, either change that in RetroArch’s settings or put your save file with the correct name in the RetroArch’s “saves” folder (you can try to launch the game in RA first to get a new save file with the correct name)

PS ce topic est plein de français ! (Salut @BarbuDreadMon ! Salut @Archir ! :smile:)

Interestingly enough RetroArch does not seem to save correctly with this game (it works with others) it did not create any save file after saving with retroarch. So, this might be the source of the issue.

(Incroyable ! Je reste en anglais pour les braves anglophones qui pourraient nous lire)

1 Like

Therefore the issue is now to find a way to properly save

Hi i have a Problem with transfering my Gyme from Drastic to RetroArch But when i am starting the game, it says that the save file is damaged or is deleted… I only copy the save file in the folder saves

I dont know if this is still useful but the way to transfer a file from retroarch to desmume (or viceversa) is:

Save the game like you normally would using the in game save option

Go to the retroarch folder and find “saves”

(In my case, it is: C/Users/(User name)/AppData/Roaming/RetroArch/saves)

Copy the file with the name of the game you want to transfer

Naviagate to desmume’s “battery” folder and paste it there.

Hope this helps!