Turbografx CD playlist

Been stuck with this for ages now so thought I’d best get some help. My Turbografx CD playlist doesn’t show up at all in Retroarch. The icon is there but the list is empty. I know how to set up playlists for CD consoles as done it for Saturn, Mega CD and PlayStation but this system just doesn’t seem to want to work.

What I need is an example of a playlist entry and how the files are stored / named in the roms folder. I’m certain it’s a simple misspelling or naming thing but haven’t been able to find out what.

On a slightly related note, I’m getting slight pauses when playing games from CD based systems. This is usually during gameplay (not loading) and just stops for a couple seconds. Oddly doesn’t do this with cartridge roms. Any ideas?

Thanks

May you upload your current cdplaylist file and a screen capture of the CD images folder?[quote=“Bect, post:1, topic:21491”] I’m getting slight pauses when playing games from CD based systems. This is usually during gameplay (not loading) and just stops for a couple seconds. Oddly doesn’t do this with cartridge roms. Any ideas?

Thanks [/quote]

Are you loading rom’s images via USB?

Hi

Here’s an entry from my playlist - it has been messed around with and tweaked so many times to get it to work but I think this is how it originally was.

.\roms\TurbografxCD\GateOfThunder\GateOfThunder.zip#GateOfThunder.cue

Gate Of Thunder

.\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll

Mednafen PCE Fast

00000000|crc

NEC - PC Engine CD - TurboGrafx-CD.lpl

No all the images are on the hard drive in the retroarch roms folder. The pauses happen on overything from SCUMM games to Mega CD but will never happen on a cartridge console. Sometimes even the same emulator so Mega Drive games play fine but Mega CD games will have randomshort pauses during gameplay.

Hello Bect.Just an assumption but, have you already tried using an unzipped CD game? All my ISOs are uncompressed and I have never had problems with crashes or breaks.

Good lukcy!

Current internal scanning for TCD seems to be broken:

You can create you own playlist with the Qt GUI (create new playlist + drag & drop) in the meantime?

scanning cd-based images that are not serial-based (like psx) is always and has been a miss for me. back then i used to be able to scan them by getting a reliable source for the .cue file and for some reasons have to compress that .cue file to be scanned (.cue database used to use checksum of the .cue file only)

i cant get them to work that way anymore

Yes I only try creating my own playlists but this is the only system that doesn’t seem to recognise any of them. Posted an example of one above but that one isn’t working either.

I’ve tried not putting the game file in a zip folder and linking it to the cue file but that still doesn’t work. The playlist shows in Retroarch but the list is empty. Been trying for weeks now so it’s not looking promising.

Hello Bect, a pity to read this. Below is a sample of my PC-Engine CD playlist. (NEC - PC Engine CD - TurboGrafx-CD.lpl)

D:\Games\NEC\ISOs PCE\Lords of Thunder (USA)\Lords of Thunder (US).cue

Lords of Thunder (USA)

D:\Games\RetroArch\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll

DETECT

DETECT

NEC - PC Engine CD - TurboGrafx-CD.lpl

Remember to leave a empty blank line at end. 7 lines in total.

Still not working for some reason. Done the layout the same as yours except with the correct file location and still displays no entries in Retroarch.

It must be a typo or something I keep overlooking but just can’t see what or where it could be. I’ve successfully created playlists for twelve other systems so not sure why this one is like this. Hmm.