Weird problem with Hatari core

Twice now, I’ve had a problem where pressing the Hatari GUI button (X on an XB360 pad) would consistently crash the emulator. And I tried updating the core, deleting files, searching for anything named ‘hatari’ and deleting it, then updating the core info files and the core, but still it wouldn’t work.

So, I downloaded the core on another installation of RetroArch, and it worked. I grabbed the core dll file and core info file, and overwrote the two files on the non working installation, then I changed their properties to ‘read only.’ So far so good.

I don’t know what’s going on here, but it seems like the file(s) are being altered somehow, and making the Hatari GUI non functional. A quick search reveals I’m not the only one with this problem.

Edit: Scratch that, it’s not working on the other installation now, either. Files have not been altered.

I loaded up another system, then came back to Hatari again right after, and everything worked. I really don’t know what’s causing this. I can’t figure out how to replicate it, it just happens, and once it happens, it stays broken for awhile, and then seemingly randomly fixes itself. I have a log from when it froze the last time (I should take this opportunity to say that I incorrectly stated that it would ‘crash’ the emulator, it actually just freezes it), but there’s nothing interesting going on.