What are your favorite games?

Ive been messing around with lakka for about 2 weeks and thanks to the guys in this forum i was able to fix the issues i had with lakka at first and start enjoying the classics again!!

Been playing the crap out of Rival Schools and Marvel Vs Capcom

What about you? What games are you playing now?

4 Likes

I play Super Metroid, FF6, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana pretty regularly, and those are the main things I emulate, along with Cave shmups and Street Fighter. I also like beat 'em ups, like Alien Vs. Predator, Punisher, Captain Commando, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, X-Men, The Avengers and Ninja Baseball Batmen, though I get bored with them fairly quickly.

3 Likes

I just downloaded Ninja Baseball Batman… very cool lol Any chance you can upload your FBA playlist please? for some reason my lakka doesnt create the playlist :confused:

I don’t actually use playlists or I’d be happy to, sorry. I use RGUI and manual core/content loading.

1 Like

Age of Empires 2: the Forgotten. Everyone has heard of AoE by now. AoE 2 the conquerors is practically a benchmark for all RTS games. The Forgotten Empires was a fan mod which became official after the. Eta release, and the new, revamped game is unbeatable.

For me its Capcom Vs Snk 2 and KOF 98 & 99. I will also add Armed police Batrider and Dimahoo

ps : and also Last resort and Metal slug

3 Likes

Mega Man series on NES Super Mario Bros 3 Super Mario World Super Metroid

Those are the main ones right now, but there’s a lot of good stuff on the SNES that I intend to get to in time.

1 Like

Super Mario World has been a big one for me. I have been dabbling with A Boy and His Blob, but it’s super hard. Next would be Chiller via Mame 2003, which is also hard to beat. I wish I could set up a light gun to make it easier for shooters like that. I’m sure there’s a YouTube video out there for that. Lastly, Bomberman II. I want to play more but work is sucking up so much time. Haha.

1 Like

Battelfield 3 but always on the PC, no experience with console

Cool Topic!

that are my alltime Top-5 :slight_smile:

Doom 2 (played for month on my very first x84 PC)

Streets of Rage 2 (still has awesome gameplay and music)

Metal Slug 3 (…“heavy machine gun”…)

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (played for my old Sega Saturn - R.i.P. dear friend)

and …

Gunlock (aka Layer Section / aka Galactic Attack) i simply love it. for me the greatest Shmup ever :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really enjoy being subversive in a Final Fantasy or Legend of * video game. But I always find myself playing Super Mario 64 its just such a great game. Lists above are looking nice!

I am trying to improve support for light guns in MAME 2003. If you are interested in spending a few minutes on this issue, we could use your RetroArch logs in order to improve lightgun support.

1 Like

I’m definitely interested. I don’t currently have a lightgun, but after playing some old arcade shooters, I would like to try it out.

Umihara Kawase, Super Mario World/SMW hacks when I was younger, Monster World IV and Tomba 1/2(Like zelda but as a platformer with 3d landscape and 2d levels, like Klonoa), all the Klonoa games.

as far as emulation, mostly snes games for me. secret of evermore/mana, chrono trigger, mario rpg, dkc 1-3, and a crap ton of other

My favorite game is probably Final Fantasy Tactics.

Hard to pick one but if i had to then it would probably be Lego Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts.

1. Tales of Xillia (and other Tales games. Xillia 2, Zesteria, Symphonia 2, Vesperia, Graces F and Berseria)

2. Sengoku Basara 4

3. Senran Kagura Estival Versus

4. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

5. Yakuza 0

6. Rise of Tomb Raider (+ Tomb Raider 2013)

7. Assassin Creed 4 Black Flag

8. Kingdom Hearts 3D (+ BBS)

9. Castlevenia Lords of Shadows 1+2

10. Samurai Warriors 4-2

2 Likes

Nice list! I approve :wink:

what core does it run on?