4k verical Bezel (ArsInvictus and OrionsAngel Style)

Best looking cab yet, Briball, imho. Love it! Thanks.

1 Like

ok all my bezels now have a coindoor version here. _CD

and Thank you @benlogan good to hear, I just want to really thank the guys that make the bezels, marquees themselves, I mainly just put it all together, so much of the credit also goes to them. Also to ArsInvictus, as his Bezels really got me of on this track and enjoying it. also the research is fun.

2 Likes

right, here’s one, I couldn’t find much ref or highres ref for this it’s a bit rough, but I wanted to see what this would look like. (haven’t checked in my cab myself, but wanted to share) comments welcome or good ref :wink:

can find it here: ninjaw. Oops I have an old version on my drive, will update tomorrow.

Ran across this while looking at an alt Scramble bezel. Remember our discussion about the bizarre image on the bottom of the Stern Scramble bezel? Well this is the original bezel image alt_scramble-rated-R

Yes that is quite . . . . Unusual for an arcade game. Well I think LSD was a thing around that time so could explain it. Makes me wonder if there are any xxx-rated bezels ever made.

Yeah, I remember seeing this a few years ago, the Japanese can make a game about anything, the weirder the better. Not sure how I would make a bezel for this one as the cpo is a bit bigger than usual.:confused:

Sorry to disappoint… but this is actually a Photoshopped version of the original bezel.

2 Likes

Haha, that would explain it. Thanks for know.

Can’t say I’m disappointed to hear that.

That’s actually pretty funny, thanks for that info :slight_smile:

ok, had some time to continue on my Ninja warriors, trying to see if I can get the 3 screen look to work, but hope the transparency works. I haven’t checked in cab, not on it and not sure when i will get time.

get it from my drive if you want to check it out yourselves.

2 Likes

@Dreamstate ok, had a little time to do this one for you, so try this out, wanted to try the cpo in this fashion, but can also do the top down if you prefer.

@Dreamstate did a small addition to the marquee so spot the difference time. @Dreamstate i have tried something new, check it out I wonder if you notice.

5 Likes

Hey @Briball, I was also working on a version of Vanguard with the assets from @Dreamstate for this one.

This is not the final version, I was thinking to do multiple versions with different screen sizes. But here is a larger screen version I was working on:

I’ve been avoiding working on overlays you have already done, from an efficiency standpoint. But we also have slightly different styles and I still want to do versions in my own style for some of these, such as Scramble. I’m not sure how we do this in a way that doesn’t overwhelm the community with options. Any thoughts on this?

6 Likes

not sure about the game, but what a bezel.

BTW anybody have any bezel ref for gunman (a boothill and gun fight, alternative version from Tiato) I can’t find much, I was wanting to do boothill then found some alternate version and would want to try doing them all to complete the set.

2577020-9650100136-19511 1203500620

2 Likes

I don’t know those games at all, but the coin doors look familiar :wink:

2 Likes

ok back from hols and just wanted to get something out, Frogger Zaccaria style :wink: but Finding any good ref was impossible, if anybody can point me to good ref for this, bring it on. if you see the ref I used you would be amazed i got this out of it. (if i say so myself)

that coin door does shine :wink: nice work @PapaShine

heres the example

7 Likes

Now this is an Oldie, but I played this to death at my bowling alley waaaay back in the day.

To get this to work in retroarch, I think you just have to set the overlay opacity to .7 or what you feel is best, you loose some brightness, I hope someone can tell me a better way. I will put the configs and shadre files in here too, might save some hassle once i get it in. And If anybody wants to do a MAME version PM me and I can send over the files, backdrop and overlay.

here it is:

and get it here boothill PNG

6 Likes

back from hols and just had to do this (was in the works) after seeing what @ArsInvictus and @PapaShine have been up to, hope it’s close to as good as theirs, but don’t get as much time as I would like. And i hope I do this one justice as it’s a classic.

anyway you can find it here: dotron

you’ll probably need to set the screen opacity to .7 or something as retro arch doesn’t have backdrops, like in mame, if you want I can do a mame version with the back drop separated.

and a sample of the overlay:

11 Likes

This looks beautiful @Briball! Great job! I think @HyperspaceMadness was looking for this one…

Is it not possible to just set the partial opacity in the play area in the overlay itself and it would render transparently? I haven’t experimented with it myself.

2 Likes