Aisle Lord (JP) for Sega Mega CD - won't boot

I’ve tried about a dozen separate copies of this game, all converted to .bin/.cue as per the normal process I use for everything. No matter what I do though, I can’t get it to go past the Mega CD BIOS screen.

Is anyone able to confirm this game works? I couldn’t find a compatibility list for GensPlusGX or anything. I don’t know if it’s the game itself, or just the copies I’m finding.

I’m going to test this game and will get back to you with a yes or no.

1 Like

It works, but not on Genesis Plus GX core, only the Picodrive core managed to boot up this game.

!

1 Like

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Good to know I can stop going double-digits deep in google to find a source haha. I’m gonna have to check if there’s an issue open on Github or something for it. I don’t know that I’ve had any other game ‘not’ boot up in GX, so I was very surprised.

Yeah, not sure why a Sega Cd game wouldn’t boot with it’s bios in place. Anyway, can’t you use picodrive in the meantime?

Oh yeah, totally. I’m actually setting RocketLauncher to use that core for this game now. I just thought I’d pop it over on GitHub 'cause it’s probably just some weird bug getting in the way, since it loads like everything else just fine.

I can’t find anything particularly ‘special’ about Aisle Lord that would make it stand out from the rest.

1 Like

I can’t find anything particularly ‘special’ about Aisle Lord that would make it stand out from the rest.

All Wolf Team games are very sensitive to synchronization between Main and Sub CPU. They won’t work in Fusion, Gens or Picodrive for example if you disable “Perfect Synchro” feature they each implement. Genesis Plus GX is a little bit different in the way it handles synchronization between 68k CPUs though.

I thought I tested this one when I adjusted some CD drive latency timings some years ago but it probably went off the radar.

It is now fixed by this commit (adjusting drive latency by one interrupt was enough)

3 Likes

That’s amazing. I had no idea about anything like that. Leave it to WolfTeam to keep things ‘interesting’ lol

Anyway, thank you man, for all you do <3