Aisle Lord (JP) for Sega Mega CD - won't boot

I’ve tried about a dozen separate copies of this game, all converted to .bin/.cue as per the normal process I use for everything. No matter what I do though, I can’t get it to go past the Mega CD BIOS screen.

Is anyone able to confirm this game works? I couldn’t find a compatibility list for GensPlusGX or anything. I don’t know if it’s the game itself, or just the copies I’m finding.

I’m going to test this game and will get back to you with a yes or no.

It works, but not on Genesis Plus GX core, only the Picodrive core managed to boot up this game.

!

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Good to know I can stop going double-digits deep in google to find a source haha. I’m gonna have to check if there’s an issue open on Github or something for it. I don’t know that I’ve had any other game ‘not’ boot up in GX, so I was very surprised.

Yeah, not sure why a Sega Cd game wouldn’t but with it’s bios in place. Anyway, can’t you use picodrive in the meantime?

Oh yeah, totally. I’m actually setting RocketLauncher to use that core for this game now. I just thought I’d pop it over on GitHub 'cause it’s probably just some weird bug getting in the way, since it loads like everything else just fine.

I can’t find anything particularly ‘special’ about Aisle Lord that would make it stand out from the rest.