4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions

Hi @walter.farmacia, just wondering why you posted this Alien Syndrome overlay here? I’ve already created an overlay for this game back on Feb 17th.

excuse me I put it where it wasn’t, it was just for you to see it, it won’t happen anymore

1 Like

Ah, I gotcha, no worries.

1 Like

It looks really nice with the wood grain on the area under the marquee.

Would you like me to split it off into your own thread where you can post your own overlays/variations?

2 Likes

no thanks! I had only done it for Arsinvictus to see it, it was that I put it where it was not excuse me, I do not do it again

It was that I put it where it did not go, excuse me, I will not do it again

Wizard of Wor 4K Vertical Overlay

8 Likes

Quite nice! New speaker model on this one?

Thanks for the reply, Dreamstate. Totally understand your situation. Sorry about your current unemployment. Been there! Hang in there, sir.

1 Like

Yeah, the artwork pack I found for this game included the original cabinet speaker graphics. They were pretty grainy and pixellated so I did some cleanup and darkened them a bit so they don’t look so bad. It’s nice to have the variety and be a little more authentic than my stock images.

2 Likes

Hey @Dreamstate, I hope you can find work again soon. It’s a bad time right now :frowning:

3 Likes

Updated a handful of older overlays with current design elements:

It’s kind of cool to see the evolution, from the first time I put these together to now:

9 Likes

Wow! These look fantastic. Thanks, ArsInvictus.

1 Like

Pretty sure Bubble Bobble isn’t available for download in your Dropbox, Ars. Can you point me in the right direction?

Sorry about that, should be there now!

1 Like

Thank you! Love this one.

1 Like

Custom Deathsmiles 4K overlay

This one took quite a few hours and there was a lot of digging to find source material. I couldn’t locate a decent scan of the original Deathsmiles instruction card so I used material from a strategy guide and other graphics I found on the shmups system11 forum to create my own. It fairly closely matches some content from the original instruction card that I mixed in with other content from the larger instruction set in the arcade art.

Anyway, here is the overlay, instruction card, marquee (custom graphics are all in 300dpi as usual):

10 Likes

Wow this is masterpiece man. Thank You :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @BlackTiger! I’m really happy with how this one came out too :slight_smile:

Really nice detailing work. A lot of subtlety. I hope you had fun putting it all together. Really amazing.

2 Likes