4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions

Thanks! That’s cool you like the shadows, I was always putting some shadow in but recently boosted it a little more to give it more of a 3D pop. I’m trying to strike a balance between realism and simplicity/cleanness, rather than go for totally realistic, so I don’t put reflections etc in. I like to focus on presenting the artwork.

I’m glad the shadows are looking good, I’ve been going back to some of my older overlays and boosting the shadows in them too.

2 Likes

Strato Fighter. I love this style of artwork

4 Likes

Galaga, my all time personal favorite game, sadly my highest score is only 104K. Still, this game is a breathtaking work of staggering genius.

4 Likes

Added Dragon Breed, recomposed bezel from the original arcade side art and marquee.

Retroarch files are there now, MAME lay format will follow soon.

4 Likes

4K Robocop 2 Bezel

3 Likes

Very nice! I love the blue molding!

1 Like

Karnov. I mastered this game on my PC back in like 1989, so many hours…

4 Likes

4K Battle Garegga overlay with custom bezel design:

5 Likes

Another amazing arcade bezel! Great job!

1 Like

w00t, Karnov and Garegga! 2 of my favorites!

3 Likes

In The Hunt

5 Likes

The, In The Hunt arcade bezel has never been in high quality. Amazing work!

3 Likes

Snap Jack, the bezel artwork is amazing on this thing and it’s also a pretty fun game!

Thanks to @Orionsangel for restoring this magnificent bezel art

7 Likes

Awesome Work!! Thank You SO MUCH @ArsInvictus and @Orionsangel for all these fantastic overlays. :clap::clap:

3 Likes

You are welcome! Very happy you like them!

3 Likes

Not sure this worked out as well as I’d hoped as a bezel, but here is a Marvel vs. Capcom bezel designed off the arcade marquee theme:

Update: I’ve added a blue variation that might work better as a bezel for this game’s colors:

5 Likes

Alien Syndrome

6 Likes

Just thought I’d share my personal setup. I’m using an Xtension sit down cabinet and control panel from RecRoomMasters with a 40" 4K Samsung TV, PC and Razer soundbar with a subwoofer in the cabinet for the audio.

I’m really happy with the quality of the cabinet and it was very easy to put together so I would definitely recommend for anyone interested in this kind of setup. I prefer this over the standup cabs as it’s just more comfortable to play on for longer sessions.

When playing this close on a large screen like this screen at 4K, the visible screen is still around 25 inches and it really feels like you are looking at an actual arcade cabinet.

9 Likes

Gunforce

5 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with vertical MAME layouts and have decided to get a vertical cabinet as well. I’ll be working out my own template for this and will distribute my bezels in both horizontal and vertical formats going forward. Here is a prototype based on the VCabinet layout at vcabinet.es.

7 Likes