CHD batch for newly supported systems

In this case, can the batch @wertz helped me with be tweaked to batch decompress if I need to use the newest chdman in order to make it work with the latest Dreamcast cores? Currently, I use NullDC which is working fine with all CHDs, but cores are updated really fast, so in the near future it will be probably surpass the standalone emulator. I also think it’s a good idea keeping both batches for compressing and decompressing so we can use them anytime we want, for applying patches or any other uses.

chd is not a very well documented compression system, ive read it doesn’t even included subchannels. keep original cuesheets/images somewhere safe and recompress if time comes that this is necessary.

This could be a problem, if compressing stuff is meant to save space, keeping a backup of original images may not be the ideal for majority, I believe.

You should be able to modify his batch with the extractcd command:

chdman - MAME Compressed Hunks of Data (CHD) manager 0.188 (mame0188)
Usage:
   chdman extractcd [options], where valid options are:
      --output, -o <filename>: output file name (required)
      --outputbin, -ob <filename>: output file name for binary data
      --force, -f: force overwriting an existing file
      --input, -i <filename>: input file name (required)
      --inputparent, -ip <filename>: parent file name for input CHD

Not sure if you have to use two output arguments or not. It looks like maybe -o could be the .cue, while -ob is the .bin.

My new Dreamcast CHDs don’t work in Reicast BTW, so I’m holding onto the old ones too for now. Didn’t try the new ones in NullDC or Demul yet.

1 Like

Can someone familiar with batches and chdman make a decompression batch? I’m about to copy some PS1 games to an Android device and will need them in PBP.