CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

These presets have just undergone an overhaul from more or less a clean slate for most of them. In my opinion they are better in almost every way or at least overall than my previous set but that’s just my opinion based on what I’m trying achieve. This time around the focus was on getting rid of deconvergence, improving overall brightness and other things under the hood.

What usually happens after such an extensive update is that I would play more, observe more, test more and try to incrementally improve areas that might still be a little off in certain areas.

With all of that said, you seem to prefer the look of my older presets to my newer ones. I would suggest that you keep the zip files of the ones you like. In case compatibility breaks due to some update or change somewhere else, I could probably try to assist you in getting things back up and running.

If you find things look greenish, you can increase the Hue setting. You can also adjust the Whitepoint as well. Those are simple things you can do to fine tune your colours, whitepoint and colour temperature to suit your taste and your setup.

You can play around with Scanline Type, Mask Strength and Post CRT Brightness as well.

Pressing Start on a parameter resets it to default, so you can reset all of the scanline settings as well.

The last pic you shared, if it was from my latest preset pack, I doubt very much it looks like that while the game is in play, only when the emulator is paused and the frame is frozen. This is what happens when GDV noise is enabled. So you might have to disable GDV noise if you want to take proper, more representative screenshots using my latest presets.

I mentioned my RGB Sharp PVM Edition preset to you but I haven’t heard you say anything about it. That’s the preset for users like yourself who prefer the look of my older presets.

As a rule of thumb, you cannot accurately judge CRT Shader Presets by screenshots. The “bad” looking screenshot is how any preset would look if GDV noise is enabled as it is a temporal effect.

3 Likes

I don’t have the time today because I have to back to work, but will check asap. Thank you very much for all your extra infos, kindness and work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a problem with your newest release. Line 1 says #reference #reference.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot good spot! I’ll get on that asap.

1 Like

Your welcome. Just so happened that I found that because I was going through the shaders to pick for arcade.

1 Like

Excellent! Does it work properly if you remove the extra #reference ?

1 Like

All of them load fine.

1 Like

I didn’t interfere with any of my 1080p or 1440p presets in this update so that bug could’ve been there from before.

Strangely enough, I’ve checked through my 4K and 1080p Arcade presets and I’m not seeing this error. It could be limited to the Mega Bezel Experimental Folder package.

1 Like

It could be because all I updated was the Experimental Folder. And about that arcade Shader I actually used the Composite-Pure shader and set Scanline Dir Multiplier to 125 on both as well. I had to change the Multiplier since there was a “curving” going on with some of the scanlines. I also set Scanline Direction back to Auto.

1 Like

This looks lovely to me!

One thing I must add though is that with my use of GDV Noise (to reduce moire artifacts) in this update, you might have to disable it before taking screenshots if you want your screenshots to look anything like what you see when you’re playing.

I’m seeing the error. It seems to be a simple copy and paste error. I’m going to try to fix it quickly.

1 Like

Is that why the images look weird sometimes, before they are zoomed in?

No, that just has to do with the intensity of the mask and scanline patterns. What’s happening is that when not zoomed in they’re misaligned with the subpixel structure of whatever display. Also when shrunk, there are even less pixels available to generate any light output so that makes for some dark and ugly screenshots. I learned to turn off GDV Noise before taking screenshots a long time ago.

It’s a bit of an irony that possibly the best CRT Shader Presets might be the ones with the worst screenshots. I might have to resort to some creative methods to showcase my work. One thing I started doing was making video clips.

1 Like

Ok, I am still kind of a beginner to somethings. :grin:

1 Like

That’s why I said this:

Conversely, the nicest looking screenshots might not be from the best or most accurate CRT Shader Presets.

For some reason the only experimental shader that loads with Duimon’s Graphics is the Composite-Pure one and all the other regular released ones work fine. :thinking:

1 Like

Bugs squashed, new package silently uploaded. Feel free to redownload and test!

I have a good idea, why this might happen. It could be due to the combined paths of all the different references being too long. The simplest way to address this might be to use my package from this thread instead of deep in the HSM Mega Bezel Experimental Folder.

Try it and see if that’s the issue.

1 Like

That is what I meant when I said “the other regular released ones work fine”. The ones that are in CyberLab folder that goes in the Mega_Bezel_Community folder works with the graphics. So I am going to use those than. Set up Arcade with Arcade-Sharp now and set Opposite Dir Multiplier to 75, so many changes.

1 Like

Okay, I now understand.

I only added that GDV Noise option at the last minute and it definitely helped things a bit with moire but it comes with it’s own challenges and artifacts. It’s just a case of which one do you dislike more or rather are bothered by the least.

I haven’t touched any of my 1080p nor 1440p presets so it’s a small miracle if my most recent overhaul doesn’t break things. The GDV noise is exaggerated at lower resolutions though so I might have to fine tune the settings for 1440p and 1080p in a subsequent update.

2 Likes

I guess I am going to have something to add to my topic now. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve played a bit with Mask Strenght value for Arcade - Sharp 1080p res preset and I’m liking it more now.

(Default): maskstr = "0.980000"

maskstr = "0.900000"

maskstr = "0.800000"

4 Likes