CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Edit: Belay that. (The background is full screen.) What specific preset are you using so we can try to recreate the issue?

2 Likes

Have you updated your RetroArch, HSM MegaBezel Reflection Shader and CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack to the latest versions?

Have you double checked and followed all HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader installation and setup instructions to a tee?

Besides letting us know what preset it is youā€™re trying to load that is giving you this result, what happens when you try to load other presets in the pack?

3 Likes

Does this happen with only SNES?

Iā€™m wondering maybe you have bsnes core with the widescreen feature on?

The only way this thing can usually happen is if the core is outputting something like a 16:9 image with the black bars inside the image.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it was just the core. I tried the bsnes-hd core and it shows the same results with default settings.

1 Like

Good evening and sorry for my lack of precision because I thought I had answered the post concerning The TMNT Preset Shader Pack I donā€™t know how to apply it because the game runs without retroarch sorry again for my english

1 Like

Oui, mon mal. You did answer the correct post. I missed that.

Right, it seems as if you would like to use my new ReShade Preset Pack with TMNT: Shredderā€™s Revenge.

This ReShade Preset Pack contains presets for the ReShade Shader Injector Software.

If you read the Readme.txt file inside of the pack it tells you everything you need in order to install and use the presets.

Also the presets can be used on other games beside TMNT: Shredderā€™s Revenge. They can even be used on RetroArch but you should probably use the built-in shader system if using RetroArch.

So take it step by step. Be sure to read the Readme.txt and you can look at these videos to get you started before you install my presets.

En FranƧais

Feel free to report back if you still need assistance.

2 Likes

Magnifique je vais regardĆ© Ƨa de plus prĆŖt merciii beaucoup

1 Like

For some reason the subpixels arenā€™t as clean and natural looking as what you see in the Megatron thread. Is this a TV thing? I couldnā€™t find any info on this TVā€™s subpixels.

1 Like

Iā€™m really not sure. It could also be a camera thing as I didnā€™t use a tripod and I was focusing manually and trying different camera settings in an attempt to capture shots that looked more like what I saw when viewing in real life.

I canā€™t even remember if I disabled noise before taking the pictures as well. Some of the pics used macro mode.

In person the image quality is as described, rather than what you see in the pics which are more like an approximation. As you can see with varying camera settings and distance from the screen, thereā€™s quite a bit of variability in the pictures.

One of these days, Iā€™ll try to use a tripod and perhaps another camera to see if I can get some more professional looking results. Not sure when Iā€™ll get the time to do this though but itā€™s in the back of my mind to do someday.

2 Likes

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack is now to be installed in the RetroArch/Shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community_Collections folder!

The old Mega_Bezel_Community folder can (and should) be deleted.

All relevant paths should also be updated to maintain compatibility.

For a completely seamless transition you can use an app like Notepad++ which has a batch Find & Replace function to replace all instances of the old folder string with the new one in the RetroArch/Shaders folder as well as the RetroArch/Config folder.

This will preserve your existing Global, Game, Directory, Core and Custom User Created Presets as well.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! First of all, after months using your shaders, I wanted to thank you for your beautiful work.

But if Iā€™m commenting today is because obviously, thereā€™s a little issue.

Iā€™m not home today and will not be able to make screenshots until next week but wanted to already make the post if it was a known issue. When I try using your shaders with the Flycast core, games just doesnā€™t look well (Vulkan), D3D11 crashes a lot for me so I didnā€™t even tested it.

Itā€™s really weird. When I add scanlines, I only see vertical scanlines, when I set them to vertical scanlinesā€¦ they become horizontal, but as soon as I try to tweak the scanlines a little bit, everything becomes blurry and just doesnā€™t work normally.

The only things that show properly are the bezel, the glass of the screen, and the grid separating the pixels. Everything else is broken. Even the colours look pretty weird.

If someone else as complained about it, I would really like to know how they fixed it/what their settings are to play Naomi/Atomiswave games.

If my issue is really personnal, I will wait to be home so that I can take pictures, but after searching on the internet, it looks like other people have been getting the same issue with shaders!

In this reddit post I saw online, he compares the same shader, running on PSX core, and on Flycast.! image|468x443

Sauce:

1 Like

The only solution I have found was to set the Internal Resolution under Options to 320x240.

Edit: The text will be pretty unreadable so to fix that set Texture Filtering to Force Linear.

Hi, Iā€™m glad youā€™ve been enjoying my presets.

Screenshots would definitely be useful in this case because these things are quite subjective and a picture paints a thousand words. One personā€™s perfect look might leave something to be desired for another.

Scanlines are prominently visible when the display in question only ā€œdrawsā€ content on every other line of the display. The gaps in between the content are what we commonly call scanlines.

On older consoles and computers they use approximately between 200 to 256 lines. That leaves quite a bit of a gap between the scanlines that we are able to see.

Dreamcast on the other hand uses a native resolution of 640 x 480 so thereā€™s no skipping of any lines on the screen, thus scanlines are not visible at native resolution.

If you lower the resolution to below native as @hgoda90 mentioned then you might see some scanlines but that is not my recommended solution.

Iā€™ve tested Dreamcast games with several of my presets and they look great in my opinion! Have you tried reading and following my recommendations?

1 Like

Yeah I didnā€™t think about the Native Resolution. The other way I found was to use Fake Scanlines at 640x480 but that would be a last resort.

In my not so humble opinion, none of that is necessary if you use my recommended presets. Go and try them for yourself and even some of my other presets with any high res Dreamcast game.

Come back and post some screenshots with your results.

Instead of using fake scanlines at 640 x 480 resolution you could just set Opposite Dir Multiplier (Y Downsample for H Scanline) to 50 but that will still leave you with misaligned scanlines and assets as the assets were not designed with scanlines in mind.

1 Like

I have used the recommended presets and the Monitor one was little too red but the others were fine. I was also trying to get it to work fine with Mega Bezel default settings as well.

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably just due to differences in display calibration and can be easily adjusted to taste. The thing is over time you can get used to certain colour settings whether right or wrong and it may not be as much of a bother.

Do you know that in the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Examples/Variations folder, thereā€™s a specific preset just for Dreamcast - SegaDC-MVC2__STD__DREZ-480p.slangp ?

Maybe you can also try that as a starting point.

1 Like

Thanks @Cyber, I havenā€™t really gone through the Variations folder I guess I should now. I think the Ultimate Virtual Slot Mask was the best out of all of your presets.

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome @hgoda90.

Thanks, it does a great job of Anti-Aliasing just with the Mask pattern alone.

I find it a bit too soft for NES though, thatā€™s why I made CyberLab Slot Mask II.

After some testing at both 4K and 1080p, Iā€™ve noticed this same red looking issue at 1080p. At 4K everything seems fine. Iā€™ll look into it when I get a chance.

Edit: I think I see what happened here. Itā€™s probably a side effect from when I was trying to go more neutral with my colours. Iā€™ll probably just revert those Computer Monitor presets for now.

Thanks for the spot!

I now remember, around the time when I was doing over my colours I reset most of my presets to CRT Phosphor Gamut - 0, Hue (Composite Only) - 0, Whitepoint - 6500K, Saturation - 0 e.t.c. but I was supposed to go back and complete the adjustments for my Computer Monitor Presets but I never went back and did it and completely forgot about it.

Will be working on that next.

@hgoda90 it should be usable now. Feel free to give it a go now and see if you like it better now.

3 Likes

Yeah Computer-Monitor-Smooth is looking good now.

2 Likes