Different drivers per core?

Is this possible? For example, the psx core would use vulkan by default, the Snes core use GL, etc?

Not solely using RetroArch. You should be able to do it using an external launcher that passes entirely different configs but RetroArch doesn’t do a complete tear-down and re-init of the context each time it loads something, and that’s what would be necessary to do such a thing.

I would personally like to see this implemented, though, so it may be a good option for a bounty…

When you launch game in specific core press F1 then go and change any settings you want in RetroArch menu without closing that core. Return to core (quick menu) and save core overrides. This should work. If not you can always do this by manually editing core .cfg files.

The video driver is one option that can’t be overridden, even manually, unfortunately.

1 Like

It should be possible using an external launcher, like Hunterk says, if you use a frontend, like Hyperspin or another that is managed by Rocket Launcher, it can be done, probably.

Use RocketLauncher with my updated ISD and AHK for selecting drivers per system.

ISD https://pastebin.com/csMDf1te Module http://pastebin.com/PcZ6BuMh

Yeah, unfortunately it does not work ; I would love to be able to use Vulkan for software cores (mostly 8/16 bits era) and OpenGL for 3D accelerated ones ; but it’s not possible for the time being.

It’s not possible in RA, but if your a windows user you can use RocketLauncher.

No worries. Added a second shortcut to Steam with:

–config retroarch.cfg --appendconfig retroarch-vulkan.cfg

the vulkan cfg just sets the video driver and turns off config saving so the driver doesn’t stay as vulkan. Works fine :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for posting these, I’d very much like to use them. I tried but when I launched a game I received the error “AutoHotkey.dll / Error at line 799 / This line does not contain a recognized action.” I"m somewhat new at Rocketlauncher, but thought I was able to setup the Module & ISD file correctly. However, I"m not sure how to link the ISD file to the module – do they just need to have the same name? Thanks for any feedback. :slight_smile: